Monitors Dell LED Monitor for 3D MAX and MAYA.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
Posting this on behalf of my friend. He needs a Dell LED monitor which has an integrated web-cam in it. It will solely be used for graphic designing usage. I have no clue what specifications are to be considered for this usage, so need your help on this one. It has to be 24 inch and above.

No limit on the budget. So fire away with your suggestions. :)

i would have suggested the 27" ultrasharp bt it has no webcam, why this webcam only monitor? you can always add a good /small webcam.

for graphics designing big monitors are must, and also high resolution ones this one suits the bill. you can also look in to apple monitor 27/30

Could you please list the model number? I'm not sure why he wants an integrated cam in it. But for the moment, let's just chuck the web cam requirement.

^Dell U2711 it is. There is always Apple's 27-inch LED Cinema Display otherwise. It uses the same panel the Dell does and has a built in iSight cam. Connectivity is limited to the mini-display port alone whereas the Dell has everything you could ask for.

Cheers Gannu! I stumbled across the Dell U2711 the same night I posted this query and found extremely good reviews about it. I have recommended it to my friend. Although, he is still adamant on the integrated webcam for some reason. How much does that Apple 27 incher cost? Any specific model number? Padon the noobness, but what is a mini-display port?

^The Apple display actually costs cheaper than the Dell U2711 abroad. The Apple display costs 1000 USD whereas the Dell U2711 costs about 1100 USD.

Edit: Damn, even Dell seemed to have priced it at 1000 USD. :p

UltraSharp U2711 27 inch Monitor with PremierColor Details

Apple India link for the 27" cinema display - Apple (India) - LED Cinema Display

Display-port is a newer interface for the transmission of digital video and audio signal. Very similar to HDMI for the average user. Misses out on few features such as the extended gamut color space and CEC signals - not a concern IMO. But the good thing is the interface is royalty free so manufacturers need not pay for the interface used whereas for HDMI, they pay 15 cents per unit or 10,000 USD a year. So these days, many manufacturers of graphics card have started switching to display ports being integrated with the card and the usual DVI ports.

The display port in addition can be interchanged between a HDMI port and a DVI port. Adapters can take care of that part.

Back