Monitors Dell Monitor warranty/repair services in Bangalore

Hi all , i had purchased a Dell SE 198wfp monitor long back( around Feb 2008) here in TE. Right now , the monitor is fine , its turning on, no flickering etc... its 99% correct.

But, there is a small black dot like thing which almost looks like a dead pixel(not sure). It's kinda annoying when reading pdf's or doc files.It's unnoticeable during watching movies or playing games etc.

So, do you think i can claim warranty ? & hopefully get a replacement :p I stay in Bangalore, where are the Dell service center's located here ?

Thanks
Abhay

Damn that's my first LCD which I had gotten through Raghu's Dell GO and was one of my very first market dealings. :O

Look up the service tag at the back of the LCD and call up Dell customer support toll free number - 1800 425 9045.

Glad to see you around Abhay! IIRC I had shipped this to Mangalore. :p

Hi Gannu ! It's my first LCD as well, man she is a beauty. As i said she's 99% perfect, only problem is that black dot(which i suspect to be a dead pixel). I am about to upgrade to a 22" so this idea of replacement came to my mind. Will call Dell this weekend . Thanks

Keep us posted on how the replacement goes. You may get a 22 incher in return from Dell if Dell does not have sufficient stocks for a similar 19 incher. :)

Keep your fingers crossed! :D

Dell has service center opened near EGL, Domlur.

Take your LCD there & check out. They repair it like a walk in store.

AFAIK it is the service tag which matters and not any order number. Did you not call the toll free number already?

I am not aware of the order number Abhay - did I pass you any papers inside the box when I had the LCD shipped to you? I do not recall anything since it has been close to 3+ years now. Anyways, I shall check and let you know.

I am not able to recall it either. When i called the customer care , they said that the monitor comes with a 3 year warranty. It's only for certain dealers they provide a 2year extended warranty(3+2) . However in order to find out whether my monitor has an extended warranty i will have to provide the Order No. You bought it from Dinesh iirc, right? The order number will be mentioned in the bill.So if you can get hold of bill , i guess we'll get to know the order number.

Back