Dell S2209W spotted at 12.5k T2200HD @ 13.99k

This is what I got from dell !!

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your interest in Dell!!

Please find the price details for the monitor of your choice. The price indicated is including of taxes, delivery & 3 year replacement warranty. You can make a credit card payment / DD payment. Once the order is placed you can expect this to be delivered in about 7 working days, as we are shipping this from Chennai . For more information & processing the order please get in touch with me, you can send me a mail or can reach me on the landline number that is mentioned below

Dell S2209 WFP 22 " UltraSharpTM Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 14500/-

Regards,

Harish C

080-25068540

I guess the trader Muzzi is the same person who posted here earlier, he is from mumbai and I even have his contact number: 09920141819

He said that he had 10 pieces of the monitor.

S2209 is not an ultrasharp ...these dell ppl dont know what theyre quoting.
i asked for the s2409w
he replies sayin s2409 WFP for 18900/-
same harish fellow

Guys, DO NOT BUY DELL. After I pestered them with calls today, they finally said they have a update. Now it appears that the monitor (S2409W) I had ordered on 18.11.08 and which was promised to be delivered on 27.11.2008, is not even in stock!!! And this is the kind of bull#$%^ they give me:

As discussed, please note that the order is in production due to part shortage and the monitor is estimated to arrive by the 12/12. Hence, there will be a subsequent delay in delivery. Please confirm if you wish to continue with the order.

So unless you want to wait for the new year, best to ditch Dell and go for some other 24" monitor (BenQ available yet?)

Do you guys not see my post?? Dell does not have the S2409W in stock, and won't have it at least till Dec 12th.

Lol Harish C , you're same Dell representative I talked to and booked for a Dell SP2208WFP in Jun 08, I am surprised to see you here. This is Joy (Shourodipto Bose).After purchasing I received about half a dozen calls from Dell to leave positive feedback.

You're Dell monitors rock man. :hap2:

At the time I purchased (Jul 08), he quoted me 18k with extended 2yr. warranty , didn't knew about Tech Enclave that time.The same monitor here was 16-17k with 5yrs warranty.So I paid 1k extra.

Although buying straight from Dell is probably the safest option.

Found out from a somewhat reasonable source who does system integration for small businesses that I should totally ditch Dell and get my money back, as I have no chance of getting my monitor in the next 3-4 weeks. It apparently is somewhat common (as confirmed by a previous dell employee as well) for Dell to make false promises (as to stock, time of delivery), get you to place your order, charge your credit card, and then sit on your order till its convenient for them to send it. I'm looking into taking them to consumer court now.

vebk said:
Found out from a somewhat reasonable source who does system integration for small businesses that I should totally ditch Dell and get my money back, as I have no chance of getting my monitor in the next 3-4 weeks. It apparently is somewhat common (as confirmed by a previous dell employee as well) for Dell to make false promises (as to stock, time of delivery), get you to place your order, charge your credit card, and then sit on your order till its convenient for them to send it. I'm looking into taking them to consumer court now.

Can't you ask your CC company to do a charge-back?

Back