Monitors Dell slots in 24-inch widescreen S2409W LCD monitor

7-29-08-s2409w_dell.jpg

Just over a month after Dell added in a new 27-incher to its (admittedly unwieldy) LCD monitor family, along comes a sibling with a few less pixels and a much smaller price tag. The 24-inch widescreen S2409W checks in with a 1,920 x 1,080 panel, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 5-millisecond response time, 1,000:1 contrast ratio, VGA / DVI / HDMI sockets, and 160- / 170-degree viewing angles. The best part(s)? It's available for just $379, and it's shipping within one to two days. Hooray!
Source : Dell slots in 24-inch widescreen S2409W LCD monitor - Engadget

Again a TN panel with HDMI input... Good for users with a console as it has true HD res... On the E248WFP it is 1900x1200...

Switch said:
Again a TN panel with HDMI input... Good for users with a console as it has true HD res... On the E248WFP it is 1900x1200...

My thoughts exactly. Actually its good for everything. All games have this resolution as well. Even movies will look better on this without the extra black bars. So what is the harm in having 1920x1080 to 1920x1200? Can some one elaborate please.

Nothing... Its just the TN panel which hurts... Also i am surprised they havent incorporated that Cam they incorporate with the S Series panels... Also S tends to have the glossy finish which i guess is the major difference apart from anything else...

If you are referring to me then i was a bit skeptical before opening the thread but after looking at the panel pics and the specs i am sitting happy with my E248... The downers for me are the glossy finish and the panel looks... Its too curvy for me at least :p

Also S panels are generally priced higher then the normal panels... Heck in the 22" range S panels are the most expensive ones as they are targeted as lifestyle products... My guess is that it would be priced just above 20K here in India... About 2K more then the E248WFP...

to be honest if its just going to serve u as something for ur c onsole then ur better of buying an lcd tv. if its going to serve as monitor plus gaming display then u need more connectors

this is where i find my 2407 helpful, i can connect the xbox360, wii, pc, set top box all of them connected to it at the same time plus will leave me an svideo port to connect something else

plus for consoles, atleast for the wii, the TN panel at times hurt because of the bad viewing angles coz most of the time ull be using it some distance away and at an angle..

LCD industry plans to standardize 16:9 in coming years and get rid of 16:10. We r going to see more n more monitors with these aspect ratios now.

well, if you plan office work, 16:9 sucks. Too much waste of screen space on width. If you want to use a 24" for making use of that extra space for opening up two A4 size sheets tiled side by side, ideally you need a 16:11 resolution (420:297) and two letter sized sheets (most common since m$ word uses the crazy US standard as default), a 16:10 (432:279) is sweet.

As already said, 16:9 is ideal for movies

Back