DELL ST 2210 21.5" LCD Monitor

This is my first review so please tell me if any errors from my side

So finally the day had arrived when i had to upgrade to a LCD monitor

One can understand the feelings of using CRT monitors for 14yrs and then a huge 22" LCD :)

A perfect buy for anyone who needs a monitor around 9000rs
Untitled.png

I started searching for monitors 20 days ago as my crt started giving me some problems.

At first i was totally confused which size to go for - my viewing distance was around 70cm

then after some searchings and help from TE members i confirmed to search for a 22" LCD

It was going to be from BENQ,SAMSUNG or DELL

There were lots of choices - BENQ E2200, BENQ G2200, SAMSUNG B2230, SAMSUNG P2250 and DELL ST2210

Out of these the samsung P series was not available anywhere in mumbai and i hadnt heard any reviews about the Samsung B series

So finally the option was either BENQ E2200 or DELL ST2210

I found that the DELL monitors are superior than BENQ though both the monitors had same specifications

Now lets start with unboxing -

attachment.php

The box was quite large and i was accompanied by my mother when i went for buying it

Mom instantly told that this lcd will be very big [when she saw the size of the box], buy a small one :( but i was firm on buying this one only :)
4332447250_af50a7754e.jpg

sorry for copying this pic from gaurav's review as i forgot to take this type of snapshot

The box was same as the above one and it included -

STAND

POWER CALBE

MANUAL and CD

and the VGA cable was connected with the monitor

attachment.php

The monitor was covered with a huge cover and then this screen protector type of sheet

attachment.php

The panel of this monitor is covered with plastic sheets to prevent any scratches

attachment.php

The back panel is white which looks decent and cool

and as i said earlier the VGA cable was pre connected with the monitor

Types Of CONNECTIVITY -

100_1611.JPG

This monitor offers 3 types of display -

VGA

DVI

HDMI

unlike samsung monitors which still doesnt have HDMI port

and also there were AUDIO IN and AUDIO out - i dont know the use of audio in port

The video quality through the VGA cable is awesome

and the maximum resolution is upto 1920 x 1080

100_1613.JPG

the installation is very simple

and the monitor is very very light as compared to a crt monitor

Viewing Angle -

%2300_1627.JPG

The viewing angle is very good
PICTURE QUALITY -

Now that i had around 450gb of HD movies i had never seen them on LCD :(

So the first thing i wanted to do was to watch a 1080p movie :)

BATMAN 1080p

100_1630.JPG

TERMINATOR 1080p

100_1631.JPG

attachment.php

SIDE BUTTONS -

attachment.php

The side buttons are very easy and simple to use

i got used to them within 2-3 minutes

and the power button has a decent white light when on and orange light when on stand by

CONLCUSION -

At last i was very happy having purchased a DELL monitor instead of BENQ

Also i heard that DELL on site warranty was better than BENQ

I also got this monitor at cheap rate

Damages - 9300/- including delivery charges
PROS -

Cheap price and with HDMI port

16:9 is very very good for watching movies

Very easy to fit the monitor to the stand and easy to remove also unlike samsung ones which is very hard to remove

The black front panel and the white back panel looks decent and cool

CONS -

No DVI cable with the monitor

No cloth for cleaning the screen

Thanks to all TE members for helping me to select a very good monitor and please do tell me if any mistakes in the review

very good review mate..I have been using this monitor for the past year, have to admit it is simply the best LCD money can buy under 10k. I got it for 9.7k last year

Bought this monitor in June, 2010. It was a last minute decision because of availability. At that time, yours was the only review I found :hap2: and it was a deciding factor. It has been a great decision, and I've hooked it up to my PC as well as PS3 (thank you, Dell, for the audio out jack).

Finally joined TE and first post here because its been pending for a year now:) !

mrcool63 said:
dude one thing i would recommend use prtscn(print screen) button instead of photographing your screen. it will be better. try it

LOL :rofl: Are you for real? He is reviewing a monitor, not its content. Think about it......:tongue:

Back