Monitors Dell ST2220L DVI port issue

Arjun

Skilled
My pc crashed after resuming from sleep, when i rebooted, the monitor was running in 1024x768 instead of the normal 1920 x 1080 (connected through dvi) .

I thought it was some driver issue because of the crash & a new driver for my gpu was available so i updated the driver. After the update there was no signal from the dvi port, I switched to hdmi & everything was normal .

I decided to check if the issue was the gpu so i connected it to my mobos onboard dvi port & still got no signal . I changed the dvi cable & connected it to the gpu & got the signal but again resolution was 1024x768 . I connected the new dvi cable to the mobo dvi port & still no signal .
So is this a monitor issue? its under warranty should i contact dell ?[DOUBLEPOST=1406893758][/DOUBLEPOST]The model is ST2220L not 2200L

Last edited:
I have the same monitor. Can't say I've seen this happen before. When I used it first I was getting black borders with an nvidia card but reinstalling my driver fixed that.

What happens when you try to switch resolution to 1080p is the option not available?

Also how does the resolution behave before windows boots in bios screen does it look normal or is there some sizing issue?

I decided to check if the issue was the gpu so i connected it to my mobos onboard dvi port & still got no signal . I changed the dvi cable & connected it to the gpu & got the signal but again resolution was 1024x768 . I connected the new dvi cable to the mobo dvi port & still no signal .
Your onboard GPU won't work while your standalone GPU is running.

I have the same monitor. Can't say I've seen this happen before. When I used it first I was getting black borders with an nvidia card but reinstalling my driver fixed that.

What happens when you try to switch resolution to 1080p is the option not available?

Also how does the resolution behave before windows boots in bios screen does it look normal or is there some sizing issue?
There is no option to change resolution , i didnt notice how it is during boot .[DOUBLEPOST=1406981841][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your onboard GPU won't work while your standalone GPU is running.
I disabled GPU in bios .

Remove the present driver completely and install the driver that came with the card. Or let windows update install the necessary drivers. Have you installed the drivers for the monitor?

I have tried many drivers, if it also happens with onboard gpu then it has to be a monitor issue , the monitor did not come with any driver cd .[DOUBLEPOST=1407054402][/DOUBLEPOST]Just now connected the monitor to another PC. still no dvi signal, will get this RMAed.

Last edited:
Back