PC Peripherals Dell ST2220L vs Benq G2220HDL vs Benq E2220HD

tufel

Adept
Need a good Full HD monitor this week.Would be using it for gaming and 720p movies.So vote for the best monitor,preferably based on your personal experience.:)

BikeAdvice said:
DELL is the way to go!

Kindly substantiate your response instead of posting one liners. As to why you feel that 'DELL is the way to go!'.

PS: One liners such as these are counted as spam.

I have been using the Dell ST2220L from about 6 months and its really good. I watch 4gb 720P mkv files and they look really good. I am not much on to gaming and also can not comment on the other modesl you have mentioned.

I would vote for the Dell ST2220L. A good panel that has received generally positive reviews among most TE members (quite a lot own it too). Here's a review of the same by a TE member.
The E2220HD has been a great seller too for BenQ. Again, another very popular monitor. Very little to choose between the two (The BenQ has two HDMI ports, if that matters to you) but Dell is preferable for its excellent ASS.

^^True.But the connectivity options one E2220HD are making me think twice.On the downside its not LED-backlit.Really confusing.Has anyone done a real-time comparsion?Also how does the Dell compare with the G2220HDL(LED-backlit).

Secondly,I own a HD4770 with dual DVI(does come with a HDMI dongle).What type of connection would give me the best PQ and sound quality?

1.DVI to DVI-No dongle.

2.DVI to HDMI via a HDMI connector.

3.HDMI to HDMI via a HDMI connector.

I ask this as would like to know if I really need a monitor with HDMI.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

So many views,but no replies?

DVI, HDMI connector both carry same digital video signal but HDMI additionally carries seven digital audio signal on optional video pins. Go for a model with HDMI port.

I am using Benq E2220HD from more than 10 months & I am totally satisfied with this monitor, I have used DVI & HDMI Port only with this monitor.

Most of the times, I am using HDMI port.

I have not seen any issue while using HDMI and inbuilt speakers for monitor.

I do not have used other monitors u mention, so, I cant compare.

I bought Dell ST2220L after lots of recommendation here & reading online review etc. but really not satisfied with it as it didn't cover all side of Screen, even dell replaced it with ST22020M (downgrade :( ) but stilll ISSUE not solved & screen just can't fit with bazzel just like it is with other Brands like ACER (I personally check Acer LCD & confirm that it's screen/display occupy all side equally).

So DON'T BUY any LCD before you check PERSONALLY :)

are u talking abt the image size on the display itself? if so u can adjust the length/bredth/shape/concavity with the menus to fit till the exact edge of the viewing area

Decided on ST2220L but the issue with Emperor's monitor is holding me back.Can someone else confirm that this issue is not universal?

tufel said:
Decided on ST2220L but the issue with Emperor's monitor is holding me back.Can someone else confirm that this issue is not universal?

I can. He's probably watching TV through a tuner card or something. Go for this, IPS = awesome!

tufel said:

I used this monitor for browsing etc (never watch TV or have any Graphic card or tv tuner card). I found same problem not only with Dell ST2220L but with ST2220M too, so may be this is not a problem but a FEATURE with DELL :)

Though the display (viewing area) NOT STRETCH to all SIDE of monitor equally. Upper & Right hand display keep 3-4 mm distance from bezel while LEFT & DOWN side is ok (only 1 mm or less distance from bezel)

NOTE: Don't buy ANY monitor without Checking your self (live check)

Back