Laptops Dell Studio 15

jesal

Adept
i have finally decided to get the dell studio 15. the price for the same is rs. 49900 + 900 shipping. this is with the p8600 proccy so expensive. plus i have added topo black color and backlit keys thats the only addon. the price is coming around to 52300 or something like that. can anyone help me get a discount on the same please. they mentioned i can get 5% less above 52k billing if i get them a reference from their so called listed 300 companies. can anyone get me a decent discount without hassles please let me know before 1st march.

There is 2% service tax & excise reduction (Total 4%)... don't know whether dealer agree (if stock is after tax cut) to pass on... ask him about...

I remember seeing the Dell Studio 15 for sale at Lamington Road a few days ago for 45K. However I do not know the exact config. Did not bother to check as I was not interested.

i have bought today online ? i have made payment by CC but do not have the bill in my inbox yet ? now im scared its safe right ? i have not given the last 3 digits of my card to the fellow who took the order ? ? ? ?

well u dont need to give cvv to agent u just need to punch it when voice response ask u to type cvv number so agent cant see that

i have given my 16 digit front side numbers and not the last 3 on the rear. but i have no EBILL as yet nor has the payment refelcted on the card as well. im confused now

ok i have the laptop i formatted it on the spot. i want the dell dock. where do i get it from ? ? ? this is annoying...

hey thanks. i did google but did not go to the US site only the indian one. should have guess indian rules. anyways i think my FN and ALT keys are messed up. when i press FN and VOLUME UP together nothing happends but the same with the ALT buttons and it works. what to do should i call the dell rep. this sucks on a brand new lappie.

so my story of the dell studio 15 :

i ordered one on 27feb, paid online via CC delivery was done on the 6 march. i get it home and open it up. i look around and i love it. now i want to remove the blank from the card reader, not that i wanted to use it but still. and there goes the irritating part now. it wont come out it is stuck. so 5 mins with the lappie and from smiles it makes me angry. then i start it up. and i press the FN key so see the backlit keys. and guess what. the FN key does not function at all. instead when i press any of the ALT key and backlit key it works. so when i press ALT + F4 instead of closing windows, the freaking brightness of it goes up. i was so pissed off. i complained the next day for replacement. they sent a guy over and told me they will open it up and repair it. so 24 hours old and it needs to be opened. i told the fellow no opening business i want a new one. after a week of it lying around they have collected the same yesterday and offered to give me a replacement of the same or so i am told. i want compensation more than the new laptop now. how to go about kindly advise if anyone has gone through it. will update later about the new arrival of the studio.

well man its ur story i am stuck badly order studio 17 on 5th feb issues with config sent back got full refund order xps 16 on then issues with xps 16 sent it back and still waiting for my full refund cheque. again why i hell i did but order new 1555 its stuck reason part shortage but real story they dont know whats the issues with ati card and bios. so they testing every system before sending to customer and ever system have some issue due to bad drivers. this is my story here dell was so good for last 7 yrs i used 5 diff dell laptop and now dell sucks i must say this reason i am stuck due to crap hardware and aweful design faults.

Wow! Am I glad I didn't go for the Studio XPS 13 or what!!

If Dell's premium Studio line is so pathetic, I think the regular Inspiron line must be absolute rubbish.

Edit:
Someone had the same problem on lowyat forums. Here's something that worked for him:
"Off your Studio, and ON back. Press F2 to login BIOS setup when u see the Dell Progress bar.
Go Advanced tab, you will see the "Function Key Behavior", select the Function key from multimedia key.......That's all.
mean we can press ALT+F4 like usual"

no man regular line is better and xps line is always crap from the time 1530 to now xps 16 and 13 so xps line was never good as dell old awefull habbit not allow user to install respected ati or nvidia driver but force them to download from own website crap dell drivers

jesal said:
so my story of the dell studio 15 :

i ordered one on 27feb, paid online via CC delivery was done on the 6 march. i get it home and open it up. i look around and i love it. now i want to remove the blank from the card reader, not that i wanted to use it but still. and there goes the irritating part now. it wont come out it is stuck. so 5 mins with the lappie and from smiles it makes me angry. then i start it up. and i press the FN key so see the backlit keys. and guess what. the FN key does not function at all. instead when i press any of the ALT key and backlit key it works. so when i press ALT + F4 instead of closing windows, the freaking brightness of it goes up. i was so pissed off. i complained the next day for replacement. they sent a guy over and told me they will open it up and repair it. so 24 hours old and it needs to be opened. i told the fellow no opening business i want a new one. after a week of it lying around they have collected the same yesterday and offered to give me a replacement of the same or so i am told. i want compensation more than the new laptop now. how to go about kindly advise if anyone has gone through it. will update later about the new arrival of the studio.

Shouldnt have let them take the laptop before receiving a new one..
Either way, get a ram update or a back pack..

how to get full money back. if not how to tell them i want some freebies or something like that ? let me know fast i am calling them up tomo.

Back