8GB DDR4 RAM
128GB M.2 SATA SSD
Adapter included
Wifi Built-in

Quantity available: 50

Price: Rs. 6000/-

Photos:
3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg2.jpeg1.jpeg

These are nice machines for running a bunch of innocuous dockers — like a raspberry pi but x86. I have a few of these for adguard, tailscale, the whole vstftp/nginx/mqtt/nodered/grafana/influxdb/portainer setup for home automation and more.
Are these no good for plex server?

@rsaeon Will above work for pfsense/opensense/openwrt etc, basically a x86 router.

I haven't needed to use the ASIX usb nics I have on these machines since they're just in a two-node cluster for the home network , but they're very stable.

Current uptime is 58 days! We have multiple power cuts a day but these use so little power, they're very easy to keep online.

IMG_20240814_224016.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-14-22-40-49-954_com.microsoft.emmx-edit.jpg

It's been "set it and forget it" with how reliable they've been (probably need to do updates though).

edit: to answer your question, the ASIX usb nics have been stable under Linux in my experience and should work fine for a x86 router setup, but I haven't tried that with them. I had one on a thin client for over a year before I upgraded to a Lenovo tiny.

edit edit: Relevant user experience I found some years ago: https://blog.kroy.io/2019/12/08/the-wyse-5070-a-perfect-little-vyos-device/

That's for the pentium version, which I had some years ago but sold to another member here. The pentium models were strangely less stable than these celeron ones. It's probably because software support is much more mature now for these platforms.

Last edited:
Back