Dell U2410 - Awesomest :D

BikeAdvice

Disciple
Today I got the Dell U2410 Monitor from BlueDart. Gorgeous. I can't even sleep. Just staring the monitor all day long.

It's like iPhone's retina display. So sharp :) :eek:hyeah:

Bought it for 31,815 from Dell India. :(

Did not know about SMC international when I ordered it. Could have saved Rs.5000 on it. :mad:

[attachment=9303:15957.attach]

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 374
eternoMind said:
Lovely :)

Question... how good is this display for movies and related usage? Say over the U2311.
For movies and pictures its much better than U2311. Better colour accuracy once you get your color profile and settings right.

Much better for normal desktop use as well thanks top 16:10 format and 1920x1200 resolution.

Sent from Motorola Photon 4G using TapaTalk Pro.

Congrats! I hope there isn't any visible backlight bleeding on the edges of the panel? Switch off the lights, load a complete black image on the screen and check for instances like these.

BikeAdvice said:
Would like to get some inputs on the calibration and correct settings stuff. I am sure the display could be better.

Depends on what exactly are you using the display for. Folks who work for photography/video editing requires a different setting over the average home user who uses the display for movie viewing or playing games.

TFT Central has a neat database for the calibration settings here with the ICC profiles - ICC Profiles and Monitor Settings Database

Flatpanels HD also has mentioned the settings on the review page - Dell U2410 review - FlatpanelsHD

Use them and opt for one that fits you the best depending on your viewing/lighting conditions in the room.

My monitor seems to have backlight bleeding on the bottom right corner. Is this enough to get it replaced? Should I contact Dell?

[attachment=9307:15964.attach]

Attachments

• photo (Copy).jpg
    photo (Copy).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 193
What did I tell ya? :D

Get a replacement. Call up Dell on their toll free number and they will do the needful. Ensure that the replacement panel is perfect in all sense. You can keep asking Dell for replacements until then. The defective panels shall be picked up later.

Good luck!

Yup, its enough to get replacement.

Even I got mine replaced twice before I got one which was perfect.

U2410 has had this issue of backlight bleed since its introduction. You just have to get the right one.

Dell will send you advanced replacement as its premium panel. Check the replacement unit, if its not to your liking you can tell Dell that you will not accept that. They will replace it without too much fuzz.

All pannels will have little backlight bleed, the key is to find one with minimal bleed that does not hamper your viewing experience.

Called Dell, sent them the same photo via email and they agreed to send a replacement! It took 45 minutes of my time to complete the process. They said the new monitor would arrive in 4-5 days. And they will collect the defective monitor later.

Now my question is what if the new monitor is also defective. Should I check and send it back with the courier guy at the same time when it is delivered or should I receive it and file a complaint again?

P.S. If it wasn't for TE, I would have never noticed the LCD bleed, let alone know about LCD bleed. Thanks TE and esp. Gannu! :)

If the new panel is defective, repeat step #1. Call them up again and insist on a newer panel. Lather, rinse, repeat. :p

Shripad had replaced a couple of them when he got hold of his U2410 before. The courier guy would not immediately take away the older one, when the replacement panel is being delivered. They will come back at a later date to collect the defective ones.

What if there is a minor damage to the monitor edge and you do not have the packaging with you anymore? Do they insist on the same packaging or do they arrange for that?

Just curious.

They insist on original packaging.

If you have premium panel and do the RMA and dont have the original box, you will have to send back your old monitor in packaging of the new one.

If you specifically tell them that you need the packaging to send back the old monitor, I think they will arrange it but you have to tell them in advance.

@OP.

Here is my old thread.

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/16-10-a-164514.html

checkout the pics on page 2.

Link : http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/16-10-a-164514-2.html#post1468840

Thats how bad my original Monitor was and see the pic below. Thats my final panel which I decided to keep.

Dont worry, dell will make sure you are satisfied with the panel. Dont hesitate to ask for replacement again if the new one you get is not satisfactory.

eternoMind said:
@ Shripad

You had to send these pictures to Dell people or they just send a replacement based on your word? How does that work?
They asked me to send the pictures to the email id of the sales rep who attended my call. As soon as he saw the pics, he immediately arranged for replacement.

eternoMind said:
@ Shripad

You had to send these pictures to Dell people or they just send a replacement based on your word? How does that work?

Almost the same here. But they asked me to do a few more tests. Like removing the video cable and seeing if problem persists.

Hey congratz mate for this awsome purchase.

BTW, I have a U2311H bought just 3-4 months back and it has lots of backlight bleeding issue, towards left hand top and bottom both sides. Can I get a replacement too?

Back