FS: Tablet Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 (Win 10 | Android 10 | Core M 5Y10 | 64/4 GB)

t3chg33k

Skilled
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
3 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Oct 3, 2014
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Rarely used
I had imported the tablet along with the dock for close to USD 1000 back when the first Core M processor was released. The dock died after a couple of years and I removed the connectors for the same to reduce the weight. The battery itself died after 4 years, so I removed that as well and disposed of it as e-waste. The back cover is made of rubber which has worn off and that is the reason I have covered it with scotch tape to make it smooth to hold.

The tablet works directly off the power supply connected with a detachable micro-USB cable. It came with Windows 8 and is updated to Windows 10 Home. It also runs Android x86 on which everything apart from the headphone jack works fine. HDMI works with audio on both Windows and Android.

It presently has a 256 GB M.2 SSD which I had purchased separately but will replace it with the original SanDisk X100 64 GB SSD. As it has no moving parts, the tablet is unlikely to die anytime soon. It can be used as a kid's tablet/PC, HTPC or a retro console. Putting it up here to check for interest as otherwise I have been using it as a home PC.

Attachments

• Windows.jpg
    Windows.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 442
  • Android.jpg
    Android.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 475
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Back_Label.jpg
    Back_Label.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 285
  • Front_Label.jpg
    Front_Label.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 296
To elaborate, the tablet with the dock was close to 1.4 Kg and the tablet itself was close to 800g. The dock was frankly rubbish, so it is better to use this with a keyboard/mouse, either wired using a USB 3 dongle or through bluetooth.

The UEFI works with touch and the boot options can be selected using the volume and power buttons. This is how I dual boot this tablet with Windows and Android. So a keyboard/tablet is not required at all, if you so wish.

The battery itself was explicitly dead but it would cause reboots due to its inability to provide the required power, so I disposed of it responsibly. I also replaced the CMOS battery a couple of months back.

The SSD as well as the WiFi module is replacable, rest is not upgradable. This was Dell's first fanless tablet with the Core series processor and significantly better than the earlier Venue tablets.

Final check at 7500 shipped, will not reply to this thread again, so send me a PM if interested at the stated price. Will still be using it for alternate purposes, so not compelled to go lower.

Back