PC Peripherals DELL Warranty ROCKS

farookh

Disciple
Dell sent me 3 monitors in 4 days since i was not happy with them finally got 1 that was great.

Dells Warranty Sure Rocks.

So...how do you found the HC panel? Is the ghosting that much annoying?

Please do update as I'm on the brink of ordering this monitor.

montiez said:

Colours are just great Black ghosting was very bad on the June07 panel, August 2007 was OK but had 2 dead pixels.

Got the September 07 today its just fantastic slight ghosting in black but not at all visible unless u really search for it and not visible in games for sure.
Another thing i noticed was the text quality was blured in the first June 07 the other 2 were fine. All i can say is that not all 2407wfp-hc are same.

If you want to order make sure they send u September 07 manuf or newer monitor also if you are not happy with it you can return it for cash back till 8/11/2007
so order soon if you are keen.

@farookh

can i return it....i hv no real complaints....but i am not using this good monitor enuf...planning to go for E228wfp...

Whats the procedure...

I heard from a friend in USA that when he had a problem with a Dell 24" LCD Panel they had sent him a replacement by courier but they did not ask him to return the defectice panel. When he asked Dell about the return of the defective panel they said that he could keep it as it costs them too much in man hours to repair and it was not even worth for them to use it for spares. :D

Eazy said:
I heard from a friend in USA that when he had a problem with a Dell 24" LCD Panel they had sent him a replacement by courier but they did not ask him to return the defectice panel. When he asked Dell about the return of the defective panel they said that he could keep it as it costs them too much in man hours to repair and it was not even worth for them to use it for spares. :D

heard about that on more than one occasion, infact had almost kept my replacement and orignal viewsonic, but thats highly unlikely here locally

Because of so many complains on the Ghosting issue
Dell issued a statement on this model saying that ne one not happy no matter of date of purchased or place can return their monitor before 8/11/07 for a full credit refund.

Vij here is what u have to do.
If you wish to return the monitor for a refund before 11-8-2007, please send an email to the following address:
2407WFP-HCMonitor@dell.com

The subject line of that email should read, 2407WFP-HC Ghosting Refund/CRA (credit return authorization)

In the email, provide the following information:
Name
Address
Phone number
Order number and/or Service tag number
Monitor 20 digit PPID number
Reason: I need a Refund/CRA (credit return authorization) due to the 2407WFP-HC Ghosting issue

Well farookh, i have the same monitor(2407-HC).Some colors are slightly off.I mean the green appears greener and the red colors are off too. Does the newer panels have the same problems?? How accurate are the colors??
Also, does anybody notice any ghosting in movies??--- in the June07 panel and the newer panels?? I mean whenever i play videos they appear to be in slow mo in areas---specially when there is an aerial shot moving from one building to another---- Is that ghosting?? Or is it a codec problem??
Finally is there any way i can swap this model for a dell 30 incher after paying the extra cost ??

Colors are just fantastic on this monitor the best i have ever seen.
I have mine Calibrated with the spyder and it did show the green to be high.
But you have to belive me this monitor comes very close to the orginal colors.
Also if you have a June panel i say try to exchange it for a Newer panel cause my june one was bad. OR take your money back and wait for review of the 2408wfp going to be out very soon but most likely a TN panel with specs very close to the 2407wfp-hc panel.
Had no ghosting problem in movies even low res divx upscaled to the panel look quite good.
For ne of the 24" you must have a fast Cpu & graphics card that is able to handle the 1900x1200 res.

Dell is not allowing people to swap or exchange to a different model either u keep the monitor or take a Credit refund and then place a new order for 30"

regards

montiez said:

Last I heard only a few panels have the ghosting problem.There is even a more bigger problem of Halo's coming in the screen due to maybe a faulty/overloaded Overdrive circuit.
Basically the PVA panels have the worst response time, to compensate for this deficiency the overdrive circuit is used in conjunction with the PVA panel types.The Halos,ghosting and a bad color shift which happens in this panel might be noticeable depending on how sensitive your eyes are , but there is no other option in the market since

E228--Tn.
2407-HC--Bugs.
2707--Excellent panel but wayyyyyyyy to costly,I can buy a 1080p hdtv with some more money.
2007wfp--To small.
BEnq 24 inch--Uses the same samsung panel as 2407, I cannot stand the horrible color shifts in horizontal in this panel.
LG's Mva 24inch panel--Costly for a 24 inch,10,000-15,000 lesser than 2707,I can buy a 2707 at this cost.
30 inch panel---Not for gamers,I don't like/want SLI just to get acceptable frame rates.
As you can see there are not much option in the market today, take you pick.:rofl: :rofl:

aceman said:
Last I heard only a few panels have the ghosting problem.There is even a more bigger problem of Halo's coming in the screen due to maybe a faulty/overloaded Overdrive circuit.
Basically the PVA panels have the worst response time, to compensate for this deficiency the overdrive circuit is used in conjunction with the PVA panel types.The Halos,ghosting and a bad color shift which happens in this panel might be noticeable depending on how sensitive your eyes are , but there is no other option in the market since

E228--Tn.
2407-HC--Bugs.
2707--Excellent panel but wayyyyyyyy to costly,I can buy a 1080p hdtv with some more money.
2007wfp--To small.
BEnq 24 inch--Uses the same samsung panel as 2407, I cannot stand the horrible color shifts in horizontal in this panel.
LG's Mva 24inch panel--Costly for a 24 inch,10,000-15,000 lesser than 2707,I can buy a 2707 at this cost.
30 inch panel---Not for gamers,I don't like/want SLI just to get acceptable frame rates.
As you can see there are not much option in the market today, take you pick.:rofl: :rofl:

what about viewsonic 22 or 30 lcd :p

also samsmug too :rofl:

Good DVDs look awesome...picture perfect...no comparison to TNs....but the low quality compressed ones give slight noise and perceivable shifts in colors...

But overall, colors are superb....and yes....they hv a tendency to display strong colors(exagerated greens) which is actually a characteristic of S-PVA...

Back