Monitors Dell's new UltraSharp 2709W 27-inch LCD

dell-2709w-1.jpg

Dell just busted out a new member in its storied line of LCDs, the UltraSharp 2709W. The 27-inch LCD is Dell's followup to the 2707WFP, and features the same 1920 x 1200 resolution, 9-in-2 media card reader and 6ms response time, but bumps the contrast ratio to 3000:1 and goes for some new all-black stylings. Brightness is a mean 450 nits, but the real fun comes with ports: Dell squeezed just about everything known to man in here, including HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, component, composite, and DisplayPort. There's also a nice collection of USB ports, plus HDCP for good measure. With a three year warranty the display sells for $999, quite the steal compared to the 2707WFP's intro price of $1,400 last year.

Dell's new UltraSharp 2709W 27-inch LCD - Engadget

CNET Review: Dell 2709W Review - Monitors

:clap:

ArZuNeOs said:
lol INRs 40000 for a 27" meaner ....In ma dreams....i can get a good plasma but spending a lil more

yeah right :frusty:

uhhh !! why dont people understand the difference between a LCD monitor and LCD\Plasma TV ..

i remember another review/thread where the OP bought a 30" DELL LCD for some 70-80 k and there was some suggestig him to get a 32" CD TV for 40k :rofl:

the two are meant for different purposes altogether.

That's the same price I got my Dell 2407 for 2 years ago. I say its a good amount price for a 27" that is capable of doing full HD and not some plasma 420p that doesn't even gets close to this.

ruzveh said:
Dell dell dell... i dont know why india has to pay so high premium for all electronics? Dell latest priced 2409w ultrasharp monitor which is quoting @$700 abroad will come for Rs.70k+ its a diff story tht dell doesnt want to sell their 27" monitor in India. Why should we indian pay such high premium i dont understand. And secondly i think paying such high premium is waste of money and irrelevant. I really want to go for 2709w us but cant. And looking at this phenomena dell thinks that there is no demand for such high end goods in india and they dont introduce such products here. But you a** h* if u charge lil premium and offer better pricing then you will see demand na duffers. US earns plenty and they spend $1000s like anything and u offer them goods at peanuts whereas in india where price matters a lot u offer at a v high price.
Apple iPhone available for $200 abroad is Rs.30000 here
Creative latest T3 2.1 speakers is for $160 abroad is priced at Rs.16669 here

Are we mad to pay such high price. India has a less profit margin business and u offer products at such high cost whereas there the profit margin is huge u offer attractive pricing.. v bad economy.. i hate it

+1
:hap2:

Apple iPhone available for $200 abroad is Rs.30000 here

Why in God's name can't people understand that the iPhone comes with a compulsory contract in the U.S? Actually, you end up paying around 40,000 when the contract finishes after 2 years. You can check this if you don't believe me. TRAI doesn't allow such contracts in India, that is why they are charging us the price of the unlocked piece upfront. The unlocked iPhone in U.S costs $600 or $700. That comes to the same amount as we pay.

For other electronic items I agree, but please get the concept of iPhone pricing right.

Back