Der österreichische Belegte Butterbrot

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Der österreichische Belegte Butterbrot -- The Austrian Sandwich, affectionate rechristening of my brand new Noctua NH-U12P SE2.

Got my Noctua cooler, as a replacement for my trusty Hyper 212+.

Thanks to #PrimeABGB and #chiragsthakur for getting me this beautiful hunk of metal.

Also thanks to #buddingwhizkid for giving my Hyper 212+ a new lease of life, may it serve you well friend.

2642o3s.jpg

A good metal badge, sets things on the right course.

25ozz9s.jpg

Frontal shot of the two fans and the heat-sink snug in its cardboard box.

33u901d.jpg

Side angle shot, with my current library [really limited] -- #Gannu and #Ethan_Hunt spot some (g)names
<

15rjs6p.jpg

Close up of the snug baby in its crib.

2j752u.jpg

Fan close up, the thing is huge, with a braided cable. The central hub reminds me of aircraft propellers. What to do military upbringing
<
!!

Will do a hands on write up and post it soon, was busy with intern applications till now ab weekend so some ME TIME!!
<

Thanks to #cyberwarfare, #BIKeINSTEIN, [font=arial, sans-serif]#dOm1naTOr, #mrcool63[/font] and #Zloyd for helping me on this decision. Cheers!!

#imkaush, this will make a lot more sense now.

Congos.
<
The standby i was gonna send was a U12P too.
<

Have a few air-coolers lying around- mostly use stock or Corsair H-something these days.

Traded Hyper 212 for Noctua! I'm so sad
<
you should have waited man, you should have waited! (Wink Wink...) Enjoy, that's a real monster of a cooler though. Happy OCing

Regards

Sanket

Traded Hyper 212 for Noctua! I'm so sad
<
you should have waited man, you should have waited! (Wink Wink...) Enjoy, that's a real monster of a cooler though. Happy OCing

The V6GT was their in the running, but I already have a pair of SickleFlow's venting my cabinet [incidentally a Cooler Master Storm Scout] and they move a lot of air but shriek just as badly [using the Noctua bundled rheostats to quite them down].

Add to that Noctua was offering 6 years warranty, I mean no one has that much confidence in their products to offer that many years of Warranty.

By the way I am curious what else was in offer, from you chaps?

Regards,

Abhay

Congos.
<
The standby i was gonna send was a U12P too.
<

Have a few air-coolers lying around- mostly use stock or Corsair H-something these days.

Thanks Rishi, wanted this for myself plus the two fans are a class apart, I mean they aren't even audible without any of their fancy rheostats in line.

The tube of NT H1 is for emergency purposes in case I run out of Tuniq TX-2.

Thanks #cyberwarfare. And a very happy birthday to you. Cheers!!

Hello Abhay,

Right now, the V6GT is pretty much the game we have on offer. But check out the new TPC-812 showcased at CES & CeBIT. It's a first air cooler to come with a Vertical Vapour chamber. It can dissipate close to 240W on air. Performance is roughly similar to H80, though i don't have any document to share with you. Will touch base as soon as i have a sample in hand
<
What say?

Cooler Master TPC-812

Cheers!

Sanket

Thanks for the link Sanket, I notice that the Cooler Master TPC-812 has a very high fin density and if I am not mistaken it is bundled with the older BladeMaster 120mm fan, not to impinge on the companies engineering brass but I had a few observations with my Hyper 212+ that I would like to share --

1) the BladeMaster was able to push a lot of air, but after ~6 months got noisy,

2) high density of fins can cause obstruction to airflow, requiring a more powerful fan OR a push-pull set-up either ways the noise levels climb.

3) the installation process was quick but the bracket did not exert sufficient pressure on the cooler and I noticed the cooler was able to yaw and pitch a little while sitting on the processor [lead to a few scratches on the processor heat-shell].

Those are my major points, rest the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ was a charm to work with and I recommended it to all friends who needed effective cooling at a budget.

Regards,

Abhay

Hello Abhay ,

Thank you for the detailed and exhaustive reply. I have recorded your concerns, will relay this feedback to our team in Taiwan. Will update you soon.

Cheers!

Sanket

Nice! All said and done even Noctua coolers are affected by salty and humid weather. Sad but true. The surface starts flaking over a period of time. You may experience this issue if you stay around coastal regions. My TRU120E Black has been flaking for some time now and it has this oxide'ish coating over it.

Anyone could find out those titles from the books and authors.
<

#Gannu Is flaking seriously damaging, never noticed cause thankfully Dad has not been posted to a Cantt close to the shoreline and my college was in Bangalore.

Back