Did anyone get IPV6 working on BSNL FTTH in Kerala?

deusExMachina

Disciple
I configured it based on this link; the router and its minions (my pc) gets ipv6 addresses correctly but it doesn't seem to route correctly. Ping to the IPV6 gateway listed on the router doesn't work, neither does doing the same to google.com (ipv6 address). Incidentally, the test-ipv6 website doesn't detect ipv6 connectivity to my pc.

To update on this, I got this working. The main issue was that the double nat situation of having a second router behind the main one no longer seem to work in ipv6. I set up the ISP router into bridge mode and configured the second router with the PPPoE details. Now IPv6 works correctly!

If you don't use a second router, the configuration from the link in my first post will do the trick.

To update on this, I got this working. The main issue was that the double nat situation of having a second router behind the main one no longer seem to work in ipv6. I set up the ISP router into bridge mode and configured the second router with the PPPoE details. Now IPv6 works correctly!

If you don't use a second router, the configuration from the link in my first post will do the trick.
All devices receiving unique ip? Do v6 ips have open ports?

All devices receiving unique ip? Do v6 ips have open ports?
All devices have unique ips. They also seem to have two sets of IPv6, a global and a local one. Do you know more about this?
With the open ports, I probably should check on a per-device basis now since each of them have a global ip.

All devices have unique ips. They also seem to have two sets of IPv6, a global and a local one. Do you know more about this?
With the open ports, I probably should check on a per-device basis now since each of them have a global ip.
could you please check your IPv6 on test-ipv6.com to see if you're gettng 10/10 score in IPv6 readiness?

Back