Storage Solutions Difference between 990 EVO and crucial p3?

is there noticable difference between 990 EVO and crucial p3?
also what is the end date for this amazon sale?
There's a small difference between SATA SSD and PCIe 3.0 NVMe
3.0 vs 4.0 vs 5.0 is imperceptible outside of benchmarks/large continuous file transfers, so get whichever is cheaper/has better warranty

"Sale" ends on 9th I think. Oh and the discount resets each day

There's a small difference between SATA SSD and PCIe 3.0 NVMe
3.0 vs 4.0 vs 5.0 is imperceptible outside of benchmarks/large continuous file transfers, so get whichever is cheaper/has better warranty

"Sale" ends on 9th I think. Oh and the discount resets each day
I believe if you like loading multiple applications at once for eg at the startup or you use video apps like Adobe premier etc.. you want a SSD with decent DRAM.. think of SSD's like SN 850X or the 980 PRO..

Its been long i did any research but i believe some of the mid range ssd's also come with dram now.. like SN770 (not 100% sure tho) please DYOR.

but yes DRAM SSD = faster performance in some scenarios.. however its still going to be close to imperceptible like n1r0 mentioned.

@Ebil

is there noticable difference between 990 EVO and crucial p3?
Yes but whether noticeable enough is subjective. P3 post cache speed is 100MB/s though which is a big con for those who sometimes copy a few dozen/hundred GB+ data in one go to crucial P3. WD SN580 cost just a few hundred rupees more than P3 & is a much better NVMe ssd so P3 isn't that good of an option unless getting it in some very good deal at large capacity (like 4TB P3 for ~15k a few months back).

I believe if you like loading multiple applications at once for eg at the startup or you use video apps like Adobe premier etc.. you want a SSD with decent DRAM.. think of SSD's like SN 850X or the 980 PRO..

Its been long i did any research but i believe some of the mid range ssd's also come with dram now.. like SN770 (not 100% sure tho) please DYOR.

but yes DRAM SSD = faster performance in some scenarios.. however its still going to be close to imperceptible like n1r0 mentioned.
DRAM is not necessary anymore for good performance as far as NVMe drives are concerned. SN770 has no dram but instead use system ram as a sort of pseudo-dram & is faster than many dram NVMe ssd.
Is the Crucial BX500 series good for gaming? I'm currently running a Samsung EVO for games but would like to upgrade to a 1TB SSD.
It is alright as long as installed games don't require a large update often. Basically, BX500 has good read speeds but below avg write speeds once cache is filled (cache is around 1/4th of free space in drive).
unless we are invited for fk vip we cant buy it right??
Fk vip has just a bit more advantages than plus premium, not really required unless redeeming those supercoins often on orders.

There is huge difference in nvme and sata. Who said little

There is noticeable difference in p3 and p3 plus as well so yeah 990evo is better.

Depends on what you are looking for tbh. I prefer DRAM ssd for OS and for bulk storage any ssd in raid that can saturate my 10gbps nic.

Back