Difference in Avg fps and 1% low

kamalsharma

Recruit
Its my first post here after being approved! I'm using a Amd built ryzen 3600 and 6500xt GPU with a 19 inch monitor with highest 720P resolution. I was playing snowrunner and saw my fps AVG around 60 and 1% low being around 15 in ultra settings. I have total 16gb ram 3200 hz 8X2. How can I adjust my graphics for smoother gameplay

Search youtube videos for "optimized settings <game name> <gpu model>".

6500XT can't do ultra in heavy games.
Also what motherboard do you have? Does it support PCIe 4.0? 6500XT needs PCIe 4.0 and performance falls a lot if running on PCIe 3.0.

Search youtube videos for "optimized settings <game name> <gpu model>".

6500XT can't do ultra in heavy games.
Also what motherboard do you have? Does it support PCIe 4.0? 6500XT needs PCIe 4.0 and performance falls a lot if running on PCIe 3.0.
I have gigabyte b550 it has pcie 4.0 and yeah I checked before getting 6500XT that it runs better on pcie 4.0 plus my monitor is only 720P I don't think 6500 will have a problem on playing it on ultra settings

It doesn't matter if you play on 720p or 4K if you say Ultra textures it will load Ultra textures on the VRAM.
Higher res textures need more VRAM.

Only thing on lower res your CPU usage will be more than GPU usage because it will process things faster than the CPU as it needs to draw less pixels.
This scenario changes when you play on higher res. GPU takes time to draw more no. of pixels and CPU waits. So higher GPU usage and lower CPU usage.
You are probably overflowing your VRAM budget.

You can try lowering your settings to high or very high. On 720p, I doubt the difference will even be noticeable. There isn't a huge perceptible difference between ultra and one level below ultra, but the performance difference between the two can be significant for reasons explained above by enthusiast29.

1% low is basically the bottom percentile frame rate. So you measure the frame rate every few milliseconds. Then lay it out and sort by largest to smallest. Let's say you have 1000 entries. Take the bottom 10 records, i.e., the lowest 1% of the records. Average them out. That's your 1% lows.

Back