Android Differences between 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro

aashna963

Recruit
Haptics were improved on the 7T and the 7T Pro.

The 7 Pro already has superior haptic feedback to the other 7 phones I've had this year. So take that for what it's worth.

The 7T offers a superior screen over the other two. Not in resolution, but it emits far less blue light. The 7T Pro did not get this for some reason.

The 7T and 7T Pro do have Gorilla Glass 6 while the 7 Pro had Gorilla glass 5.

The curve does bother me just because quality tempered glass being more of a pain to find. Looks like WhiteStone Dome is going on mine soon.

I had an S9+ and a Mate 20 Pro earlier this year. Both had curved screens. My S9+ was broken twice because of the curved edge being exposed in drops. The Mate 20 Pro also had a blue tint when viewing the display off angle. Really was bothersome and a big reason why I didn't want to keep it. It's still there on the 1+7 Pro, but not nearly as noticeable.

Marginal battery increase on 7T Pro, but every little bit helps. The 7T has a smaller battery but it seems to manage itself very well especially with the 1080p resolution working in it's favor.

7T and 7T Pro charge VERY quickly. They both beat the P30 Pro even though it supports 40W Supercharging (The P30 Pro has been the benchmark for fast charging in 2019) This is huge if you're like me and don't charge overnight to protect battery longevity.

The 7T and 7T Pro take marginally better photos. None of them take great pictures, but they are still considered good photos. GCam will remedy that on all 3 devices. You'll also get Macro Mode on the 7T and 7T Pro, which might be a big deal for some people.

All this being said, I bought a used 7 Pro for $550 over the weekend and have zero regrets after the announcement. It is still a phenomenal phone. Buttery smooth and lightning fast. I unlock it just to look at the gorgeous screen sometimes.

If I had the extra money I would have imported a 7T Pro, but the 7 Pro is amazing. I also love that I can use it on Visible. $40 a month is just 1/3 of what I was paying previously.

Back