Camera Digicam within 10k

WingZero

Skilled
As title says need the best digicam within 10k for a friend 'o mine
7-8 megapixels wud do. Although megapixels isnt much of concern in image quality. Please suggest good ones. Noob in this dept.:ashamed:
Thankyou

If u want very good Image Quality, especially in Extreme Dark Environments, and also at high ISO Settings, look for none other the Canon Models.

As i said earlier in an SLR thread, pixels aren't that important as compared to Image Processing Qualities. Digic Processors Rock. Go for any CANON.

Regds,
Rutvij.

If the budget is 10k- then perhaps the digicam to purchase is Sony W-150 with its Carl Zeiss 5x Zoom (30-150mm equivalent).Zoom-coupled optical viewfinder,very nice VGA Movie Mode at 30 fps.and a very nice large LCD. U can order from IndiaPlaza or buy locally. Am using one for past 3 months is really a great digicam and handy goes into pocket too.

If you can up your budget by 1K or so (or find a good discount) I would highly recommend the Canon Digital Ixus 80IS.

rutvijt said:
If u want very good Image Quality, especially in Extreme Dark Environments, and also at high ISO Settings, look for none other the Canon Models.

As i said earlier in an SLR thread, pixels aren't that important as compared to Image Processing Qualities. Digic Processors Rock. Go for any CANON.

Regds,
Rutvij.
+1, other companies (at least in P&S category) are far behind Canon.

iccy88 said:
check out sony DSC W120. i am using it and really satisfied. Even canon 560is is a good option then. :)

The only problem with the Sony W120 is that its LCD screen is of very low quality. So pictures on the LCD look horrible. In fact most of the Sony digicams I have seen have poor LCD screens

Yogesh Sarkar said:
+1, other companies (at least in P&S category) are far behind Canon.

I am also looking at buying a Canon. But most of the Canons are bulky. Can someone recommend me a Canon which is sleek & easily pocketable (without compromising on image quality of course) ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Before buying any camera, make sure you have Optical Image Stabilization built in. Buying a zoom camera without the OIS is quite useless, at higher zooms your hand shakes too much to take any decent picture. And bumping up the ISO for compensating for OIS, the so called digital Image Stabilization is no answer to this.

nikeel said:
I am also looking at buying a Canon. But most of the Canons are bulky. Can someone recommend me a Canon which is sleek & easily pocketable (without compromising on image quality of course) ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Already told you - Canon Digital Ixus 80IS. Check it out, I think that matches your criteria perfectly. ( + It has image stabilization).

vebk said:
Already told you - Canon Digital Ixus 80IS. Check it out, I think that matches your criteria perfectly. ( + It has image stabilization).

Yes. Thanks !! I have now finalised the Canon Digital Ixus 80IS !! :hap2:

nikeel said:
The only problem with the Sony W120 is that its LCD screen is of very low quality. So pictures on the LCD look horrible. In fact most of the Sony digicams I have seen have poor LCD screens

LCD resolution in W120 is 115,000 pixels -whereas in W-150 it is 230,000 pixels.it is 2.7" LCD display. Not only is the screen larger than the 2.5" one on the W120 and Canon 80IS, but it's a lot sharper too. The screen has very good outdoor visibility, and in low light, the screen brightens automatically, so you can still see your subject.Another advantage i can enumerate in W-150 is its Carl Zeiss 5X optical zoom lens from real wide 30mm to good telephoto 150mm. Whereas in Canon 80IS the lens is Hardly wide 38MM to Hardly Telephoto 114mm.

In case yr interested I am selling one panasonic digicam box pack got it as a gift,have not even opened the seal with bill and waranty purchase date 26/1/09,

PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-LS80 8MP DIGITAL CAMERA for rs.6000/-

LUMIX DMC-LS80 | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Panasonic India

cell 9322270590

Back