PC Peripherals Digitize old captured photo albums

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys long story short...
Some 18yrs ago my dad bought an HP scanner hoping I will digitize all the photo albums (captured via the usual old school kodak/konica camera rolls on his canon/nikon camera)
But even with the scanner it was a headache as manually had to scan every picture while manually setting the resolution and doing settings etc..tedious job. + at that time systems were not that fast so the overall process used to be slow.

Today while fiddling with old stuff in cupboard I found lots and lots of such albums which has pictures beautifully captured but sadly fading in quality and colors.
Felt really bad!:inpain:
I wasn't able to help him preserve the memories digitally. :(
The scanner as well wasn't used after 3 yrs and finally when we shifted house it went into scrap.

I still feel I can save aka preserve whatever is left.

I'm looking for an easy-convenient solution such as our local xerox machines. May be something like a commercial or a huge multi copy/scan scanner.
I set the resolution and settings (as all the photographs have same physical size etc.), and put in the tray some 15-30 snaps at a time and automatically each one of them might get saved on pc in any format and the photo which is done gets collected in some output tray etc.
Just my imaginative idea as I don't know if such device exists (multi-scan)
I don't want to buy such device but rent or if someone has it I can send him albums and he will do the job and send me back (will bear all charges).

So suggest such device and if someone has it if he can offer me some help..

I too scanned a ton of photos on an old scanner recently, took around 20 seconds to scan each pic at the highest resolution.
If you have a decent phone you can try one of those scanner apps.

Guys long story short...
Some 18yrs ago my dad bought an HP scanner hoping I will digitize all the photo albums (captured via the usual old school kodak/konica camera rolls on his canon/nikon camera)
But even with the scanner it was a headache as manually had to scan every picture while manually setting the resolution and doing settings etc..tedious job. + at that time systems were not that fast so the overall process used to be slow.

Today while fiddling with old stuff in cupboard I found lots and lots of such albums which has pictures beautifully captured but sadly fading in quality and colors.
Felt really bad!:inpain:
I wasn't able to help him preserve the memories digitally. :(
The scanner as well wasn't used after 3 yrs and finally when we shifted house it went into scrap.

I still feel I can save aka preserve whatever is left.

I'm looking for an easy-convenient solution such as our local xerox machines. May be something like a commercial or a huge multi copy/scan scanner.
I set the resolution and settings (as all the photographs have same physical size etc.), and put in the tray some 15-30 snaps at a time and automatically each one of them might get saved on pc in any format and the photo which is done gets collected in some output tray etc.
Just my imaginative idea as I don't know if such device exists (multi-scan)
I don't want to buy such device but rent or if someone has it I can send him albums and he will do the job and send me back (will bear all charges).

So suggest such device and if someone has it if he can offer me some help..
Ask your farther to recapture them using googles photoscan app

Do you still have the negatives with you?
If the pictures are fading then maybe you can get them reprinted from the negatives. I am assuming the professionals may have some easier way to give soft copy as well of the same. I have to get same thing done for some 15 albums as well, so do let us know what solution you end up using.

I recently had to scan some old photos for my uncle. He had a virtual school reunion and wanted to share his old photos with the group. So he sent me the photos and I scanned them using Office lens app. All I had to do was have good lighting(did it outside in sunlight) and avoid phone shadow when scanning. These days, phone cameras are pretty good, any decent phone from last 2-3 years will give excellent photos. Plus the app itself has lots of filters and adjustments to get the picture just right.

Ofcourse a dedicated scanner will have better resolution and dpi, but a phone seems more efficient and quicker way to do if you have a large collection.

My uncle was quite happy with the pics. The quality was more than enough for emails and whatsapp sharing.

Unless you are planning on reprints or want to archive the best possible quality, using negetives or using a scanner will be better.

Why not just use a professional service which can do it for you? I'm not too sure where you live but in bangalore GK vale (although it has been ages honestly lol) always has been my dad's go to spot to print pictures. Those pictures that he printed out from like 20 years ago still look good. No doubt any photo shop can scan your images and give you a digital copy also.
don't want to buy such device but rent or if someone has it I can send him albums and he will do the job and send me back (will bear all charges).
It's as i said before, go to a professional photo printing shop :p

i gave all the negatives to a local photo store
he scanned them all on pendrive in a day for a fee
you could try that option

this was about 10 years ago bro, dont remember , but it wasnt too expensive cause i got about 50 negative rolls converted in one shot

Back