Adept
I'm having a big problem guys.. :huh:

Have money, therefore will buy. Only problem is which one:

1. BenQ E2200HD 22" LCD

or

2. Palit HD 4850 + [Insert appropriate PSU]

Budget = 13k
Things to consider:

1. Probably won't have this kind of cash again for a while.

2. Currently using shitty 15" CRT. Really, really shitty.

3. Current cabby is really tiny (mini-tower). Not sure if the 4850 will fit. Will try and upload a pic later today.
What should I go for? Good display or good gaming capabilty? Not a hardcore gamer, hardware has always held me back. Do spend a lot of time watching TV shows and movies on the PC though.

I want to buy soon before prices go up any further. Bloody Corsair prices have already skyrocketed :-[

One more thing, I'm living in Pune atm, can I get this locally?

Maestro

it goes pernal here.............depends on what do u prefer .

in my case i would have got 4850+ good PSU .
i have 15" CRT monitor n have changed two GPU'S in ner past...8800GTS then 8800GTX (all g80) ...........also upgraded from an celeron rig .
i don't care of monitor , as i am used to it n never fell to change it .
what is ur current config. & GPU ?

if u r more in gaming 4850
n more for movies , nmultimedia stuff a new MONITOR .
n don't say CORSAIR pices are SKYROCKETING ....
in case of PSU , they have increased .
RAM n PEDRIVES ......they are all time low:hap2:

Sudarshan_SMD said:
what is ur current config. & GPU ?

see my sig

if u r more in gaming 4850
n more for movies , nmultimedia stuff a new MONITOR

The decision should be quite easy actually, since I already have a *cough* decent *cough* monitor, but not a decent gpu. Can't seem to make my mind up.

I game in phases. When I do, I tend to play everything I can get my hands on. After that, I may not touch a game (besides FIFA) for months.
n don't say CORSAIR pices are SKYROCKETING ....
in case of PSU , they have increased .

My bad, should have been more specific. I'm just pissed because I put off buying the VX450 by a week, and then its price shot up.

keep checkin market section for vx450...

there was one around for 3k...many will sell it off since prices have shot up.

or else cx400 should suffice for HD4850..

i had similar situation..only difference was that i hav 17" crt.

i donot mind playing at 1240x1024 as long as i can play wid full eyecandy...im better off wid it that havin Larger screen widout potential to game at its native resolution...

on the other hand...you can look for 2nd hand 21" CRTs..they support upto ~1600x1200 n cost less than 3.5k

ur 15" should get u 1200-1300...

thats what im gonna do wid my display.

was thinking about going for E2200 or S2209W myself but againg gaming at non-native is my concern...+worried about input lag n response for games like fifa where the action get too fast for some LCDs i have seen (5ms n 2ms gtg) n they were not able to give me the quality n response i was looking for...

i would recomment going for 4850 n vx450(cx400 if that can do..wait for experts to comment on that)...that if u are gonna increase ur gaming resolution..

if willing to stay on 15" (i suppose 800x600 or atmax 1024x768) then stick to Palit HD4670 Super + cm xP460 / cx400

madnav said:
keep checkin market section for vx450...
there was one around for 3k...many will sell it off since prices have shot up.

or else cx400 should suffice for HD4850..
i had similar situation..only difference was that i hav 17" crt.
i donot mind playing at 1240x1024 as long as i can play wid full eyecandy...im better off wid it that havin Larger screen widout potential to game at its native resolution...

thats what im gonna do wid my display.
was thinking about going for E2200 or S2209W myself but againg gaming at non-native is my concern...+worried about input lag n response for games like fifa where the action get too fast for some LCDs i have seen (5ms n 2ms gtg) n they were not able to give me the quality n response i was looking for...
You've summarized some of my concerns quite well, especially this. The only reason I'm considering a new monitor (a 22" one, anyway) was because I had to leave my 17" CRT behind when moving cities. Was planning on buying a Dell 19" and closing the matter. Got a little extra cash and that is where my problem started. Reverting to 15" is not easy.

Buy a cheaper LCD instead. I really find it much more comfortable than CRTs. And there is less strain on your eyes. Get the card later

I know get yourself a 19incher which is about 8.4k and add the CM 460W/ Corsair CX400 or the new CM which is launched.

Sell your gfx for somewhere around 500-1000 + monitor 1000-1500 if possible add some more money and get HD 4670.

:)

Get a LCD, if you watch lot of movies/Tv show's you will never regret it . I myself upgraded from 15" CRT to 22" lcd . Even a 19" + PSU is a good option.

Reading your post i really suggest a 22" LCD buddy. You wont regret, a 22" not even a 19". 22" is perfect for TV movies and great for gaming too.

EscSysRq said:
get 8600 gt 512 mb + lcd

Two options-
Phoenix has a good deal on the 8600GT 512MB in the market section i.e ~3700 IIRC + 19" monitor.
OR
Benq 22"
Since you've mentioned that you game in phases, go in for a monitor right now. You'll not regret it, believe me... And when you're ready for your next upgrade go in for the best card in that price that time..

PS: It's really up to you to decide.:p

slightly off topic
@madnav
was thinking about going for E2200 or S2209W
is this model(S2209W) available in India? if yes from where could I get it Pune?Or I have to call directly Dell?Is this a(1920X1080)ie full HD model?I am asking because I could find it on dell India site?

Back