Discontinued Amazon prime finally!! I am so happy. .

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
last year was thinking this, but later thought its merely 1500 so continue. But i never factored in-the frustration and anxiety i have to go through.
it been complete 1 month my prime expired and i dont feel i wil ever sub it again.
Reasons lets me list one by one:
  1. Free shipping and fast delivery. i don't think i have purchased anything which was costing less than 500/-, so its was anyways going to be free delivery. and as far as i remembered we are seeing very less 1-day delivery these days . On top of it almost everything i purchased was a PITA, had to return/refund. see below how 4 out of my last 5 order were fake/duplicate/used.
    • water purifier filter - was delivered as expected, no issue
    • Make-up item pack - only dust delivered, no actual product. that was no return category had to waste hours and days bashing head with amazon to get refund.
    • Microsd card - fake sandisk was sent, completely sealed pack but didn;t had the converter inside. - PITA as they were blaming me of fake video and edited picture , as if i kept the good one sending back duplicate one to them. wasted days , had to escalate it to amazon.com to get it addressed.
    • Led tube light - the agent might have kept the new in his home, packed an old pickup from some garbage, with one side black and delivered it to me. - got replaced
    • A bed protector solimo company - it was soiled with hairs and dust patches. - got replaced.
  2. Amazon Music -- lol. what a joke.
  3. Amazon prime video. - it rapidly becoming the same thing we disconnected DTH decade back for, most shows made for chapri class people or saas-bahu/crima patrol public. For any half decent movie we have to rent it. Their audio video conversion is worst. I recently realized this when i re-installed disney+hotstar.. what a massive update to audio video quality compared to amazon, Appletv & netflix are in different league that out of comparison.)
Now im very happy with Apple TV+ this is our go-to app & hotstar combo ( all pixar,marvel,DC stuffs are there anyways).
In coming days hotstar is going to rule Indian content, just let the jio acquisitions complete. For anything non-indian, deep seas are my source and it wil be like that always to bypass our sanskari censorship and smoking injurious to health warnings.

Last edited:
last year was thinking this, but later thought its merely 1500 so continue.
I cancelled mine in september and got a special shopping only prime option (no amazon video, music or free kindle books) for 399/year. helps in buying those one of 150-300 rupee items.

Edit: prime plan comparison
compare_prime.png

Last edited:
Keeping it for now as it's free for 2 years with a new connection of JioFiber ₹999+GST plan (Prime Lite 799/yr, limited to STB). I've gotten value from some small orders and Rings of Power. Won't pay unless heavily discounted.

Last edited:
I cancelled mine in september and got a special shopping only prime option (no amazon video, music or free kindle books) for 399/year. helps in buying those one of 150-300 rupee items.
Amajunk is bombarding me to subscribe their lite plan. wasn;t aware of this 399 plan... this is worth looking into in coming days.
Thanks for sharing .
Keeping it for now as it's free for 2 years with a new connection of JioFiber ₹999+GST plan (Prime Lite 799/yr, limited to STB). I've gotten value from some small orders and Rings of Power. Won't pay unless heavily discounted.
yes i have similar with fiber plan, but i don't feel like activating it at all. does the bundled prim has free Shipping facility ? or just watching content ?
content im not at all interested - but free shiping can be helpful at time.

Last edited:
I also cancelled this month.

I will not spent anymore.

Their customer service is becoming very poor. Though those agents try to help and I feel bad but the policy is so bad they hardly can do much.

last year was thinking this, but later thought its merely 1500 so continue. But i never factored in-the frustration and anxiety i have to go through.
it been complete 1 month my prime expired and i dont feel i wil ever sub it again.
Reasons lets me list one by one:
  1. Free shipping and fast delivery. i don't think i have purchased anything which was costing less than 500/-, so its was anyways going to be free delivery. and as far as i remembered we are seeing very less 1-day delivery these days . On top of it almost everything i purchased was a PITA, had to return/refund. see below how 4 out of my last 5 order were fake/duplicate/used.
    • water purifier filter - was delivered as expected, no issue
    • Make-up item pack - only dust delivered, no actual product. that was no return category had to waste hours and days bashing head with amazon to get refund.
    • Microsd card - fake sandisk was sent, completely sealed pack but didn;t had the converter inside. - PITA as they were blaming me of fake video and edited picture , as if i kept the good one sending back duplicate one to them. wasted days , had to escalate it to amazon.com to get it addressed.
    • Led tube light - the agent might have kept the new in his home, packed an old pickup from some garbage, with one side black and delivered it to me. - got replaced
    • A bed protector solimo company - it was soiled with hairs and dust patches. - got replaced.
  2. Amazon Music -- lol. what a joke.
  3. Amazon prime video. - it rapidly becoming the same thing we disconnected DTH decade back for, most shows made for chapri class people or saas-bahu/crima patrol public. For any half decent movie we have to rent it. Their audio video conversion is worst. I recently realized this when i re-installed disney+hotstar.. what a massive update to audio video quality compared to amazon, Appletv & netflix are in different league that out of comparison.)
Now im very happy with Apple TV+ this is our go-to app & hotstar combo ( all pixar,marvel,DC stuffs are there anyways).
In coming days hotstar is going to rule Indian content, just let the jio acquisitions complete. For anything non-indian, deep seas are my source and it wil be like that always to bypass our sanskari censorship and smoking injurious to health warnings.
Still a good deal for me. Free games + prime video quality is very good with fire tv stick ( mobile is crap), There is plenty of good stuff too but yeah they dont give latest good stuff anymore. + lots of coupons including for fresh.

Delivery issues seem to be area dependent maybe. In mumbai, i dont remember ever getting fakes - but have received stuff in less than ideal external state some times.

Edit: prime plan comparison
View attachment 211680
I too have taken the introductory shopping only prime option but also have family sharing amazon prime so win-win for me!
This shopping only prime is a boon.

Amen.

Did it this august. But signed up for the cheaper shopping plan (300 and change. pays itself back if you have the amazon cc).

Amazon music, which could have kept me on the plan, turned out to be ****$%$%^. The music collection was pathetic and it kept peddling cringey podcasts.

Last edited:
Prime is overall amazing package and value.. the problem is , people getting the worse end of stick with problematic orders.. and their music service is so far behind the competition that it wouldn't matter if it was excluded

Prime is overall amazing package and value.. the problem is , people getting the worse end of stick with problematic orders.. and their music service is so far behind the competition that it wouldn't matter if it was excluded
Other issue that you have to really rent movies that you actually bought the sub for. I feel in this regard Netflix has stood out from the competition as any content on the platform is available for streaming with no hidden fees.

Subscription services are a financial blackhole. They trick you into thinking that you will make full use of them, when in reality, you make use only 40-50% of them. This applies to all subscription services, including Prime, Netflix, Game Pass, etc.

When you are a working professional, you can only have so much time on your hands to make full use of the money you are spending. As a result, you end up in a FOMO cycle, where you are constantly thinking about getting the full worth of your hard earned money.

The only subscription that I actually pay is Disney + Hotstar, and that's solely because of Premier League. I can make out time for 1 or 2 games a week. Apart from that, the less distractions, the better.

I have the shopping edition and it is easily worth it for me. I buy a lot of things under 500 and I get the vast majority of them delivered in under a day. Only thing I miss from the full prime is the occasional Amazon gaming giveaway, but it is definitely not worth the extra cost.

I too discontinued the actual prime membership and took only the shopping edition as we often shop on amazon.
But something strange I noticed is, we have alexa echo dot, many times when I ask a song, it will say that I need to be a prime member to use that feature. Other times it plays fine. I wonder even Alexa feature needs amazon full prime membership.

Back