Dishwasher: Bosch vs Midea

xkcd0137

Adept
I don't think that anyone here would have these two dishwashers at their home to compare but asking nonetheless -

I have to buy a dishwasher and I have shortlisted Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher ₹42k and
Midea Torrino 13 Place Settings Dishwasher ₹30k.

Obviously, Bosch is an established brand in this deptt and I have read many many positive reviews here and on team-bhp about how efficient it is at cleaning utensils, even for Indian dishes.. Do you think Midea would be as good at cleaning utensils as Bosch? Coz some people on Flipkart did mention that utensils need to be pre-rinsed, which in case of Bosch I don't think is needed.

..BUT there are a few very negative reviews of Bosch regarding their Service Support. I am from a Tier 2 city and I am really doubtful about the support I may get from Bosch. Though I don't have any idea about support from Midea (which is parent company of Carrier) either.

I was of the opinion if the Midea DW works as efficiently as Bosch's and its customer support is also similar to Bosch's, I could save some money and go for Midea DW. Kindly guide.

PS - I was about to buy the same Bosch DW before Lockdown for ₹28k from FK but the family didn't see any use for it then and thought I was being spendthrift and didn't let me buy. Haha.

I got 2 acs from midea and they are working very well. They were absolute value for money plus they are made in the same factory of Carrier.

Not sure about Dishwasher, but you could probably be safer with Bosch. Air conditioners are easy to fix or replace, dw should be far more complex for any service engineer to address.

The Bosch price seems such a rip off. I can see that this new model is very similar to my model which I bought for 24.5k 2 years ago and even you could have bought it for 28k. So paying 150% of the original price makes little sense considering you might not even have service in your area. I live in a village and have been using the dishwasher for 2 years without any issues. But I would never get any Bosch service over here unless I pay astronomical visit charges. So if anything goes wrong, I'll have to do some DIY repairs. This is true for most of my appliances and I also have a Bosch washing machine for 6 years now.
I would say, if Midea has even a little presence in your area then go for it. You seem to have done your research on it and their products still seem to be priced reasonably. As others, even I can't comment on the quality aspects of the Midea as I have no clue about them.

I saw this in a store recently , there is a 4k premium for the steel finish. The same thing in white was 37k after a 10% discount

I saw this in a store recently , there is a 4k premium for the steel finish. The same thing in white was 37k after a 10% discount
I am interested in Steel one only. The other one may need more maintenance to keep it rust and scratch-free imo.

I am interested in Steel one only. The other one may need more maintenance to keep it rust and scratch-free imo.
Not true. Will your dishwasher be installed in a place where there is standing water. If not then how does rust come into the picture. Bosch also sells a cloth cover for their DW and WM. I have one installed on the DW and there isn't a single scratch on it in 2 years. Also I had used it for more than a year without that cover and there still weren't any rust issues or scratches on the DW. Same for my WM which doesn't even have a cover.

Will your dishwasher be installed in a place where there is standing water.

No.. but I am wary of moisture. I didn't say that the White one is scratch or rust-prone, but its just that with steel one there would be additional reason for not to worry.

Though I am sure about getting a DW, I am not sure where will I keep it. There is not much space around or below taps/sink to keep the DW. There is space in kitchen but its almost 4-5 feet from the Taps. I'll mostly decide after I get the DW, will get better idea about its dimensions then.

No.. but I am wary of moisture. I didn't say that the White one is scratch or rust-prone, but its just that with steel one there would be additional reason for not to worry.

Though I am sure about getting a DW, I am not sure where will I keep it. There is not much space around or below taps/sink to keep the DW. There is space in kitchen but its almost 4-5 feet from the Taps. I'll mostly decide after I get the DW, will get better idea about its dimensions then.
I had similar issue. However, I was getting plumbing work done so I was able to get a point installed for the DW. It won't fit under a sink for sure as it's height is almost similar to my shelf height. Main issue I had was of a drain so I have kept a bucket next to it in which the DW drains the water and we empty it later. One can get extensions for both drain pipe and inlet pipe though, if needed.

Main issue I had was of a drain so I have kept a bucket next to it in which the DW drains the water and we empty it later.
Thanks for mentioning that. I wasn't even thinking about the drainage.

I may have to go for a temporary arrangement of DW on a stand with wheels right in front of the sink, i guess.

I got this Bosch Free-Standing Bosch Free-Standing 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (SMS60L18IN) from Amazon for some Rs 28000 during a sale with credit card discounts. Very happy with the purchase. No issues so far fortunately.

I have midea inverter AC which is also good quality / performance wise.

Whichever you choose better to wait for Sale.

Thats a good point, even I was thinking to get stainless steel finish for this reason, I have a washing machine with the powdercoat which is on the terrace in a room and free of water and placed on a stand and still ended with rust issues

Thats a good point, even I was thinking to get stainless steel finish for this reason, I have a washing machine with the powdercoat which is on the terrace in a room and free of water and placed on a stand and still ended with rust issues
Can you think of any reasons why this could have happened? Is it getting rusted from places where the powder coat might have gotten scratched or is it happening despite of there being no scratches on the machine.
Even I love SS finish no matter how mundane or industrial it might make the kitchen look but paying a premium of more than 10% just for the finish makes it a little less palatable.

Only thing I can think off is leakage from the powder drawer, or because it is on the terrace with large windows moisture from rains got to it. I am looking to get a dishwasher which will be in kitchen and will see far more dampness and contact abuse so will probably go the ss route

Back