Video Disney+ Hotstar is removing Dolby 6Ch audio from TV App

I use Hotstar for my F1 coverage. Got the then basic pack with a Jio Mobile Recharge. This was I believe somewhere in 2020. At that time Disney+ was relatively new. It was massively hyped and Avengers Endgame was a big thing.

I remember not being allowed to watch the Disney+ contents like Marvel movies in English. The basic plans limited them to Hindi Dub only and one had to pay a premium just to hear it in English. I believe they have revised this now.

The picture quality is sub-par and I can't enjoy watching F1 or any other live sports on my Monitor. The picture gets blurry especially the postions/timing charts on the left of the screen.

I remember once whilst watching a live race they just decided to end the stream abruptly and replace it with some ongoing IPL match.

Also, Danke Seb. I will miss you.
Thank god it’s not just me.
I had a feeling F1 streams on Hotstar were getting worse.
I think they are reducing the video bitrate but still keeping the resolution at ‘HD’. Stream details on my tv show ‘HD’ stream at 2mbps(maybe 3 sometimes). Netflix uses about 5-6 mbps for HD and nearly 20 for 4K.

Motion intensive scenes are a blurry mess, HUD and text are frequently unreadable.
Dth streams and bootleg streams look better than this.

Also, Danke Seb.

Back