Windows Display automatically dimming and Windows 10 build.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
My desktop display is automatically dimming and then brightening up again which is very annoying since it's very noticeable. I checked the power option and there is no such option to turn adaptive brightness off.
za9gf3z3ijc71.png
I've also searched online and didn't find any solution for it. Then I realized it might be because of a problem with the specific windows build. I'm on Win 10 Pro Build 19043. Is anyone else on the same version?
Btw is there a way to turn an *ahem* version to legit Windows installation? This is unactivated.

Maybe it's some power save feature in the graphics settings (check intel/nvidia/radeon control panel)
Or maybe your monitor/laptop has an auto brightness feature?
Btw is there a way to turn an *ahem* version to legit Windows installation?
Open source way (which I'm using for Office on my system, and for both windows and office on a friend's):

It's an Nvidia card. And thanks I'll try that.
Update: no such option in Nvidia Control panel. I really think that this may be related to the specific build. I don't know if Windows update work only for original windows installation but mine says updated to latest.

Last edited:
Open source way (which I'm using for Office on my system, and for both windows and office on a friend's):
Thanks for this my man. Got Office 2019 Pro Plus activated.
Titokhan, if you are reading this, hope you'll sell Office 2021 later.

Thanks for this my man. Got Office 2019 Pro Plus activated.
Titokhan, if you are reading this, hope you'll sell Office 2021 later.

The script uses a few public KMS servers to activate Microsoft Office for Windows, and Microsoft is well-aware of such methods.

1629197399667.png

On another note, I'll offer Office 2021 (for Mac obviously) when it goes RTM.

Does it dims against dark background and brightens up against white background?
No it happens randomly. I could ask Microsoft directly but they will bring up the you-know-what question. Also I haven't found a genuine retail key sold at a decent price. I want to buy a retail key if it can help me here.

No it happens randomly. I could ask Microsoft directly but they will bring up the you-know-what question. Also I haven't found a genuine retail key sold at a decent price. I want to buy a retail key if it can help me here.
I do not think it is a build issue. Just checked on one of my PCs which has the same build. There is an app called clickmonitor. See if installing that solves your issues.

Also, did you eliminate hardware issues? Did you connect the monitor to another PC and check?

Faulty cables also cause this quite frequently. A cable close to a leaky powercable can also cause this.

Can this be because of dynamic contrast on monitor settings? My Dell U2414H has a similar feature and adjusts backlight levels depending on the scene being rendered.
On Windows side, there is an option to modify colour temperature based on time of day, but I don't think there is any adaptive brightness settings.

Back