Graphic Cards Display goes to sleep

Hello TE,

I built my new PC recently and started facing a weird problem. I will try to explain the problem step wise.

Code:
Dell S2240L
Asus GTX 750Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
i5 4th Gen 3.1 Ghz
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
Gigabyte H87 D3H
Seasonic 420W PSU
  • When Monitor is hooked up via Graphic card HDMI it goes to Power Save mode after some time even when there are constant mouse and keyboard inputs.
  • The moment it switches to power save mode there is a windows alert sound in background.
  • Turn off and on the Monitor display comes back and goes back to power save mode again in a while.
  • Weird thing is it never does this as long as I am in-game
  • Same Monitor via same Graphic card VGA never behaves like this
  • I have checked all the power saving and sleep settings in Windows and Hardware apps. They are all disabled.
  • Monitor I Have checked with Office laptop and my personal Laptop. No issues.
  • Have to change the HDMI cable and check (Still pending)

Wd5GGyV.gif

6Nxcl9z.gif
I was just hoping if anyone came across a similar situation or can figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks in Advance

-Ashok

Last edited:
I don't have this monitor but saw in specs that there is a "power nap" option where you can save power. See if its enabled in monitor settings.

This kind of used to happen with me too. But the difference was that it used to happen mid gaming. The GPU was getting hot. I had an open cabinet and the gpu fan was filled with dust. A quick cleaning with my vacuum blower sorted it out for me.

• Weird thing is it never does this as long as I am in-game
    this makes me suspect that there is still something related to power options . Cable fault doesn't seem the issue but you could always try just to make sure. im pretty sure if you have any application in fullscreen mode you're monitor wont go off. like VLC with a movie in fullscreen? have you tried that?

Back