I have bought a MSI GTX 750 ti OC edition graphics card from OLX
The seller has bought the card locally from CTC Hyderabad

My Specs

Intel Pentium g620
4GB Corsair vengeance
Gigabyte H61 DS2 motherboard
Corsair CX 600 PSU
Seagate HDD
MSI GTX 750ti OC edition (Previously Sapphire HD 6770 1gb ddr5)
Windows 10 64bit

My system was rock steady and stable when i was using HD 6770 and had no problems with it(so i dont think its a psu problem) However after swapping it with gtx 750 ti im having this issue of display completely shuts down with no signal showing on the monitor while gaming and i need to full power off the system to to make the display comeback again

This has been happening with witcher 3 and skyrim (I have tested with only two games)
skyrim on ultra settings it will crash in just 5 minutes into the game
I tried looking into the cabinet to see if the graphic card just stops functioning
but the fan still seems to function even after crash so the graphic card doesn't completely die

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and the graphic card is at stock settings(factory overclocked)
I have also tried stress testing with MSI Kombustor and FutureMark for like 20 mins and there was no problem
I have also reset windows 10 and updated my BIOS
but nothing worked

What are my options
1) seller has agreed to test it in his system and take it back if the crash happens in his pc as well
2) if it doesn't i may have to find the fault in my system
3) I have the Box of the card but no bill it is manufactured in August 2014 so it should be in warranty
will they honor warranty without bill if i have to RMA it in hyderabad

Please help me out guys

UPDATE : I have tested it out with seller's system and my cousin's pc it never crashed
so there seems to be something wrong other than graphics card what could it be
im so confused , My old HD 6770 had no problems at all

Last edited:
If future mark and kombustor are working then temperature may not be an issue but still you should check temperature and power supply is also sufficient. Check task manager during gaming for cpu usage and GPU usage through gpuz. May give some idea also.

If future mark and kombustor are working then temperature may not be an issue but still you should check temperature and power supply is also sufficient. Check task manager during gaming for cpu usage and GPU usage through gpuz. May give some idea also.

Temperature stays at 80c on full 100% load and fan at maximum 40% in msi kombustor and futuremark
It is the same even in games and decreases with load

Try with lower graphic setting to check if all works at low settings and increase gradually and as you moved from amd to nvidia maybe some registry's are left. Try reinstalling windows to eliminate all windows related issues.

Try with lower graphic setting to check if all works at low settings and increase gradually and as you moved from amd to nvidia maybe some registry's are left. Try reinstalling windows to eliminate all windows related issues.
I didnt try with lower settings but i have reset windows 10
I think reset in windows 10 works similarly as reinstalling it just removes everything

it never crashed when browsing or watching youtube if it matters

80 degrees is way too high for a 750ti. The load temperatures should be around 65 or lower. Something is obviously borked with the card.

80 degrees is way too high for a 750ti. The load temperatures should be around 65 or lower. Something is obviously borked with the card.

max temps afaik are at 90c for a 750 ti
when i turn the ac on in my room it comes down to 70c

there is a slight unusual hissing sound from the fan when it runs at load

max temps afaik are at 90c for a 750 ti
when i turn the ac on in my room it comes down to 70c

there is a slight unusual hissing sound from the fan when it runs at load
Never seen a temperature higher than 65-67 on my zotac 750 ti when i had it.

are the crashes due to bad fan then ? can i get it rma ed without bill and just the box have any idea about it
Could be fan or could be that the heatsink is not making proper contact with the gpu. I'd have it returned from wherever you bought it. Not worth the hassle.

MSI requires a bill for warranty replacement afaik.

Update 2 : Got it exchanged with the seller for a XFX r9 270 for some extra bucks Works like a charm no reboots no display shutdowns
same setup

Everything seems ok except for the temperatures they touch 87c in GPU Stress test for 10 mins
(High temps even for the 750ti when stress tested around 83c)
I may have to change my case which is an old zebronics unit

Everything seems ok except for the temperatures they touch 87c in GPU Stress test for 10 mins
(High temps even for the 750ti when stress tested around 83c)
I may have to change my case which is an old zebronics unit
What are the temps in games? If they are ok, you might be fine. Also AMD GPUs run hotter. I've seen my old 7970 do 90+ when overclocked to 1150. Bought it in Dec 2011 and was still alive when I retired it.

What are the temps in games? If they are ok, you might be fine. Also AMD GPUs run hotter. I've seen my old 7970 do 90+ when overclocked to 1150. Bought it in Dec 2011 and was still alive when I retired it.
I have only tested it in skyrim(Ultra) and i limit the frames to 30 in the game so it hardly reaches 60 utilization and temps stay around
60c

80-90 degrees during stress tests is normal.
to determine if it is indeed a problem of airflow i'd suggest you open your cabinet's side panel.
do this after everything is warmed up and temps approach 80 i.e. game a bit.
if you notice a drop in temps after that then yes, a new cabinet or at least some case fans will solve your problem.

v-sync can help keep gpu usage and temps down as well
the latest catalyst 15.7 drivers are supposed to have frame rate target control but i can't seem to get it to work.

Back