Disciple
Hi

I did a new DIY build with the following components

Ryzen 5 5600G processor
GB B450 Gaming X (MB)
Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) KF432C16BBK2/16 Fury Beast 3200 MHZ DDR4
Samsung 970 Evo plus NVME
PSU Thermaltake tt-450nl2nk

So when i purchased, they taken the MB to service center for BIOS update. They (Shop) told me BIOS is updated to F61 version.

After all connections, I can see CPU fan is starting but no display. No Beep Sounds also.

I see RAM is in compatible list in Kinston website for the MB.

What should i do to proceed.

1) Make sure everything is connected properly i.e., mainly 8-pin EPS connector and 24 pin connector. Only those are main to boot.
2) Make sure RAM is installed in alternate slots starting from farthest from CPU. This means last slot and 2nd slot counting from the left.
3) Disconnect any other stuff initially to minimize failure points.

If it still doesn't work take it to the shop and get it tested/assembled there again.

Perhaps try resetting the Cmos as well. That BIOS update may have resulted in iGPU being disabled in BIOS settings.

Last edited:
Try booting without RAM and then with one RAM stick at a time. This will eliminate the possibility of problems with RAM sticks and RAM slot. Also look at beep patterns or debug LED patterns if available on the motherboard while doing these steps.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately in rare instance there is high electricity spike issue in my area and spike board, psu and laptop adapter burned.

Talked to gb service centre they asked to bring in to check it. Didn't tell them about spike issue. Told them about no display issue.

Will update it later.

Reparing the psu as he said some transistors are burned which cost rs 200.

Reparing the psu as he said some transistors are burned which cost rs 200.
don't waste 200/- on repair, person who work in PC Market more then 10 yrs. told me, none of the PSU works perfectly once he get it repaired for ANY THING. Why stake WHOLE SYSTEM for PSU... already you have power/load issue in your area.. better buy BEST PSU + APC UPS to avoid future trouble ...

don't waste 200/- on repair, person who work in PC Market more then 10 yrs. told me, none of the PSU works perfectly once he get it repaired for ANY THING. Why stake WHOLE SYSTEM for PSU... already you have power/load issue in your area.. better buy BEST PSU + APC UPS to avoid future trouble ...
Who ever said this is not replacing the faulty components with components that meet the spec of the power supply and hence they do not work perfectly. If replacing components with the exact same specs or better, the electronics should work as desired. No reason for it to not to.

Who ever said this is not replacing the faulty components with components that meet the spec of the power supply and hence they do not work perfectly. If replacing components with the exact same specs or better, the electronics should work as desired. No reason for it to not to.
It is very risky.

Thanks for suggestions, I'm getting new psu.

I'm thinking of gigabyte p450b or any other suggestions. How about other reputable brands with in 2.5k Budget.

Should I go with 550w? No intention to get gpu at this moment but if my igpu struggle then I might get gtx 1060,1650 kind of low to mid range gpu if price is my bracket.

I play csgo regularly but no other games now, but planning to play ps2, ps4,Xbox emulation games

Last edited:

I'm thinking of gigabyte p450b or any other suggestions.

Should I go with 550w? No intention to get gpu at this moment but if my igpu struggle then I might get gtx 1650 kind of low to mid range gpu if price is my bracket.
Oh god no Gigabyte...

Go with reputed brands for PSUs only. Such as Corsair/Cooler Master in budget range. 550W should be fine with a card below XX60Ti models.

go with SeaSonic if you are lucky to get it in India and have Budget,
Corsair is BEST (but for me on No.2)

I have unlimited weird issue with my system in 1996-2011, 15 days of every month was spend trying to solving the issues, may be not all H/W related but it's fact issue was there.. then turn to (SeaSonic PSU + APC UPS) by 2011 and suddenly just like MAGIC 99.99% issues solved.

SeaSonic died after 7-8 yrs of use (no gaming), turn to Corsair (2018-2019) till today NO ISSUE, other than Mouse Double click ;)

I'm thinking of gigabyte p450b or any other suggestions. How about other reputable brands with in 2.5k Budget.

Should I go with 550w? No intention to get gpu at this moment but if my igpu struggle then I might get gtx 1060,1650 kind of low to mid range gpu if price is my bracket.

I play csgo regularly but no other games now, but planning to play ps2, ps4,Xbox emulation games

I was looking into pcpricetracker site antec, deep cool,thermaltake brands.

Are they cheap quality? I see Corsair & cooler master are expensive compared to them and way beyond the my planned budget.

For everything.g I see deep cool pf series of 550 INR2970
Antec ne 550m 3225,antec csk550 for 3k.

I was total novice wrt psu , suggestions welcome.

I will suggest not to compromise on PSU & UPS, as your area have electricity load issue.
go with Corsair & APC, it's reputed brand and VERY GOOD to honor warranty (if any thing went wrong with these two hardware due to electricity issue)

Above two are MAIN component who will ENSURE SAFE POWER Supply + GUARD to your system, if you, for budget, choose weak suppliers/Guard then you know what can happens ...

Thanks for the inputs.

Based on your comments zeroed with

CORSAIR CV550 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED 550 WATT NON-MODULAR SMPS 3800 inr

Or

COOLER MASTER MWE v2 550 3649 inr

Any experience with either of the two?

I read cv is corsair budget series. Is it good with performance and warranty claims?

I had the same issue today. After hours of troubleshooting it turned out I just forgot to plug in external 8pin power to my gpu
It was booting properly so it was hard to figure it out even though it was something basic. Anyways just letting you know in case you add a gpu in the future.
Also for smps I recommended cx series in case you go with corsair budget option. A 450W should be good enough for your current configuration.

Okay i went with cooler master v2 550w. Reason is corsair is budget model with 3 year and this is backed with 5 year.

Also i understand 450w is enough but 550w means lesser load i.e.less than 50% usage which will not impact in general. And price wise hardly 800 inr difference.

I have old ups which was good and replaced with exide battery today. All i need in 3-5 mins of back up to shut down pc. I have to test how long battery gives gives backup.

I have belkin power cord (spike board). I felt it is not necessary to connect spike -> ups -> pc .

Or just ups-> pc is suffice?

Generally in my area voltage fluctuatations are rare and last incident is something due to transformer thing.

Now i have to find replacement for my laptop power adapter

Avoid using Spike Guard/Board if using UPS.

Connect UPS in main Power Source and connect PC (PSU Power/Monitor etc. cable) in UPS, good to go without any worry

Usually, a UPS will have built-in voltage regulator. If such case, a spike-guard is not necessary.
Check your UPS manual whether it mention voltage/current protections. If so, you can use it without a spike guard.
FWIW, I am using a desktop since years, directly connected to APC UPS, without any spike-guard in the connections.

Back