CPU/Mobo Do Amd 64 revisions overclock the same?

geekdom

Banned
Hi

I have a Amd 64 3200 Winchester Revision DH8-D0, APIC ID 0.
Is there a rough approximate of what the CPU can overclock with this revision?

Is there anyway to check the stepping without removing the heatsink?

Thanks In Advance

use cpu z, everest, sisoft sandra etc to check ur stepping :) CPUz Is the best though :)

once u know ur stepping u can run a search on google on how this stepping OCs .. :)

I have used CPU-Z. It doesn't show my stepping.

CPUID Revision : 00010FF0h

Attachments

• cpuz.JPG
    cpuz.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 71
The stepping can only be checked physically on the proccy. No software can provide u with that. For A64's, the stepping refers to the week and year of manufacture. Its the 2nd line imprinted on the processor.

I am at 232 X 10, ram to 333, 1.4volts.

No error with super pi 1m test.

Should I raise the voltage now?

How do I reset the jumper if required?

I don't know how to do it? nor have I seen it ever.
Now I am on 2.4ghz on 1.4volts. A strange thing has happened, it takes around 36-38seconds on 1M test on 2.3 or so but on 2.4 it took 40sec.
Bad news!!!
At 2.4 it couldn't complete its test 32M, hung.
I am on stock cooling.
I raised the volts to 1.5 and speed to 245. let us see.

how far can I raise volts? options till 1.55

I can't boot with anything less than 1.55 for 255!:huh:

gave an error within few secs with 2.55ghz.

back to 2.45ghz

I have a very similar configuration. I heard winchester 3200+s can do 2500 to 2600MHz on stock. Mine can do 2500 only @ 1.5v. Here's a screenie. (I recently changed my ram so I had upped the volts in hopes of retesting the OC some time soon)

CPU:

cpuzcpukz9.jpg
Mem:
cpuzmemtm6.jpg

you are very very lucky.

I might be able to do 2.45-2.5 but that would be on 1.55 volts and at the moment I don't have that much cooling and that will also reduce my life quite a lot i think.
I am trying the stability on 2.4ghz at the moment. Look at my thread in oc section.

Which mobo do you have?

@ freaky i was always lost with the Stepping and revision thing :p thanks for correcting me :p:D but in CPUz it says STEPPING : "A" for me whats that supposed to mean :S ... i have an athlon64 2800+

Back