Monitors Do Dell Monitors come with International Warranty?

AFAIK no. I'm not sure if the customer representative would be able to find out the

country you purchased the LCD from when you mention the serial no of the unit though. In which case, a replacement would be possible.

Btw which specific model are you looking for? Asking this since Dell has almost matchsble rates for their LCD lineup in India. Not to mention the hassles of shippng the unit and the customs duties it may attract.

I am just exploring the option right now so if any good deal comes through in future I could get it provided the warranty is there. If Dell laptop warranty can be availed here, then monitors shouldn't be a problem.

I think one is permitted to bring in Rs.12000 to Rs.25000 free of duty according to one's duration of stay abroad.

India baggage rules - duty free allowances
I did come across a limited period offer for Dell 2209WA UltraSharp 22" for RM 759.00 (~Rs.10,300). I don't know if there is some catch, but the price seems to be good compared to what it is retailing here for. Interested persons may explore the option of getting it from there.

Computer, LCD, Flat Panel & Widescreen Monitors | Dell Malaysia

My bro got me a Dell 2209WA from singapore to bangalore for Rs9500. He did not pay any customs. And there is no international warrenty. Just ask the dell dealer where you are buying if there is any option for availing international warrenty

Mail 'em or just chat online with Dell representative to get the correct answer. If the same model is being sold in India, then you might get the warranty =]

I saw on US site only for $139.

But I'm totally disappointed from Dell India.

They quoted me Rs.10500/- for this monitor with 3 years warranty.

Back