Do I need a dedicated tv for console and general use? And quality concern.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I'm thinking of getting a used PS3/PS4 for playing only fighting games like Tekken 6/7 and other affordable exclusives.
I already have a PC monitor.
How much do I need a flat tv? I don't want something costly. And I don't think smart tv is a good idea. I just want a hassle-free tv which lets me play console on it without any problem and for the rare cable watching when I need.
Also something which really concerns me is the quality. So in our family we've had two flat TV's one from Videocon and the other a Samsung. Both died. Repairing cost didn't make any sense. One of them had discolored vertical lines on the screen. I noticed that this seems to be a pretty common issue. Two of my neighbor's TV also had such problems. One was an Mi and the other Sony. The Sony costs like 50k when I checked.
Has anyone else come across such problems with their flat screens? I asked our local electronics dealer and they said not to go for Mi TV's because of quality issue. I know, many other brands are also affected.

If you want the best fighting game experience, it's better to go for cheap CRT televisions. Vertical lines is a problem most flat screen tv's, our old tv developed some huge dead pixel lines across the screen.

Any TV will work fine as long as the response time is good or has in-built gaming mode.

I use my 1080p PC monitor for both PC & console gaming since PS360 era and never had any issues. Need a HDMI switch & 3 HDMI cables for the setup.

You guys will need to explain. I'm totally new to this.
BTW Amazon does not deliver to my location because of lockdown.
If you want the best fighting game experience, it's better to go for cheap CRT televisions.
Will they even have the necessary video connector ports??
BTW what about the resolution? The cheaper flat screens on amazon have only 768p screens.

CRT will look like shit with PS360 and recent gen. I've been playing games in CRT since 8-bit era. CRT is best for PS2 and older gen.

1080p 60fps monitor/TV is best for PS3/4 era. You already have a PC monitor. So connect the console to the monitor, game for a few weeks and decide.

Any TV will work fine as long as the response time is good or has in-built gaming mode.
1080p 60fps monitor/TV is best for PS3/4 era. You already have a PC monitor. So connect the console to the monitor, game for a few weeks and decide.
Yep any 1080p panel will work fine with a console as suggested by @Panda
Will they even have the necessary video connector ports??
You'll need to buy adapters.
BTW what about the resolution? The cheaper flat screens on amazon have only 768p screens.
Yeah, it's a cheap solution if you exclusively want to play fighting games or else you can opt for any 1080p panel or use your own monitor. It's mostly about the aesthetics of CRT screen that is great about it, there are a few higher res CRT TVs but they are costly or probably out of production. A local gaming cafe here still has one and it's fun to play a game on it.

Thanks. I guess I'll wait for another LD on the same monitor which I have lol. Its the LG 22" MP68VQ.
BTW another newbie question, can games be played on the PS3/4 without an internet connection? Like no net connection from the start, even for setting it up. Or do I need to sign up on the PSN for it?

Disk games can be played without internet but almost all games have patches, it is advised to download patches before playing. Not sure if you need to sign in to download patches as I was always logged in.

PS4 era was horrible and most of the games had day 1 patches. So get ready to download tons of GB's of updates.

Back