Monitors Do IPS panels have noticeable difference?

The only difference I found was that colors will pop out a bit more & viewing angles are definitely better than a TN panel..
Although they advertise that IPS display will look the same in viewing angles of 180 degrees, but in real world usage I find that it is good upto only about 120 degree angles mostly..

IINM, if you go IPS then there is a good chance of having backlight bleeding whereas with others like VA the blacks are better, but I could be wrong.

depends on the bit depth imo. I have a 6bit+frc or something IPS monitor and a 8 bit ADS panel tv, and the TV is much more vibrant than the monitor. Even the contrast/ brightness/ colour is way better than the 6 bit IPS. ADS is supposed to be a bit inferior to IPS.

depends on the bit depth imo. I have a 6bit+frc or something IPS monitor and a 8 bit ADS panel tv, and the TV is much more vibrant than the monitor. Even the contrast/ brightness/ colour is way better than the 6 bit IPS. ADS is supposed to be a bit inferior to IPS.

On Novidio GPU? try setting the display range to Full or complete from Limited Range?

& a little bit context on bit depth?

- Best viewing angles
- Accurate color reproduction (i.e. Image is not made artificially vibrant like on some TV's and Monitors and hence may sometimes look dull or faded)
- Average latency
-

On Novidio GPU? try setting the display range to Full or complete from Limited Range?

& a little bit context on bit depth?
No, I have an old AMD 6670. By default AMD sets output bit depth to 4:4:4 i think.
No amount of tweaking the graphics card will help since the bit depth I mentioned is for the actual hardware of the monitor.

@Crazy_Eddy can describe this monitor bit depth better than me.

Back