Do you believe in God?

Yes, I believe in God. But not the religious kind. I firmly believe that our descendants will run an ancestor simulation and we all are a part of it.

So, in a way every kid is a potential God.

I'm a Christian and yes I do believe in God even though I'm not a religious person. But I was pretty religious in my younger days. Let's just say that I couldn't beat the temptations which adult life has bashed me into. I'm not an Orthodox Christian even though my church (it follows the beliefs of the apostles of Jesus) seems like it is and for various reasons I don't like what many traditional Christians do. I do admit that religions are not perfect and I have gotten into countless numbers of arguments with my own parents, colleagues and church friends and elders and even pastors and our Reverends. Maybe the arguments were because many of our Christian ideologies have flaws or maybe I'm just an idiot. Most recent experience was men are not allowed to wear hats inside the church or during worship. Only women can. I got a bit annoyed because it's winter and the church was so cold man. Also we are not allowed to use swear words and profane slangs. I swear only when I'm angry as they help me not get physical and I like to use non-profane slangs with my own siblings and friends. Another stupidity of some religious preachers is some supposedly well-known pastors and preachers said that Aadhaar is an anti-Christ policy and no Christian should enroll themselves for Aadhaar. I think this originated in Mizoram (a major Chrisitian state not only in the North-East but in the whole country) and spread quickly via local Christian groups in other states.
Anyway prayers help me keep sane everyday. Its probably the only thing which is keeping my whole life intact. I definitely need prayers in my life regardless of how atheists think.
Also if I may say, one perk of being a baptist Christian is I have no food restriction. I can consume basically every meat out there. :p :joyful:

Love the honesy brother..IMHO a logical person should not believe in God.
I believe that is necessarily not true, there is nothing in physics or mathematics that prohibits the existence of a 'god', a god here doesn't necessarily mean the general images of God we have in mind, it could even be something incomprehensible by our human minds

We just observe the laws of the world (physics) and try to generalize it, see Feynman's chess physics analogy, we don't know why or how do those laws exists,
We just become more and more sure of a law after doing more and more experiments, nothing is preventing it from collapsing any moment, it's just that the probability is extremely low, it's the Bayesian view of the world.

Back