Car & Bike Do you think sccoters are a better option to go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing the current price of petrol, won't it be foolishness to go for a scooter which gives lower mileage in comparison to a bike .

Instead of a scooter, my suggestion is : get a bike with maximum mileage because, i near future price of petrol will be 100 bucks :[

Any one can suggest which one is the best? Honda Activa or Honda Aviator?
I'm also looking for one with the under seat space which can't be beaten by any bike. Though I can wait as there is really something better available in this year.

Honda Activa. Tried and tested.

Bikes however give more mileage and are safer due to better brakes and tires.

For a family guy , a scooter has and will make more sense...why lets see:

A. Seating area :

Most scooters have a long and wide seat with ample cushioning. You can easily seat 2 people with ample rear ends and can also stuff a child in there :)

The child can also stand on the footboard tho not advised but just to point out.

2. Storage Area:

This is its strongest point. Apart from the under seat space that can accomodate helmets, papers and stuff, the footboard again givens enough space for a fully laden bag back from sabji bazaar/grocery store visit. On a bike,,well that is limited to that awful hook on the side and ur handlebar

3. Stepny/backup tyre:

Though by today`s standard, roads and tyre technology has imp[roved a lot. Back in day, these two were well less developed and tyre punctures/burst were a common thing.A puncture meant a 25 min halt to fix the stepny and move on. On a bike, well u get the benefit of adding some muscle and shedding some flab as u push ur bike to the next tyre repair centre.And god forbid if ur front tyre goes flat. Not even a glass laced with glucon D will revive you :)

G80_gts said:
For a family guy , a scooter has and will make more sense...why lets see:

A. Seating area :

Most scooters have a long and wide seat with ample cushioning. You can easily seat 2 people with ample rear ends and can also stuff a child in there :)

The child can also stand on the footboard tho not advised but just to point out.

2. Storage Area:

This is its strongest point. Apart from the under seat space that can accomodate helmets, papers and stuff, the footboard again givens enough space for a fully laden bag back from sabji bazaar/grocery store visit. On a bike,,well that is limited to that awful hook on the side and ur handlebar

3. Stepny/backup tyre:

Though by today`s standard, roads and tyre technology has imp[roved a lot. Back in day, these two were well less developed and tyre punctures/burst were a common thing.A puncture meant a 25 min halt to fix the stepny and move on. On a bike, well u get the benefit of adding some muscle and shedding some flab as u push ur bike to the next tyre repair centre.And god forbid if ur front tyre goes flat. Not even a glass laced with glucon D will revive you :)

Thanks for the reply.....which I'm looking for.

But the point 3, most of today's scooter don't come with a extra tyre ? Is it ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well according HMSI website,

Activa got 18 ltr under seat where Aviator 20 ltr else Activa got some drawer type storage compartment in the front though. By looks aviator got a big head lamp though.

well IIRC the honda eterno had one....Not sure if its still in production... :(

Activa,Acess , tvs pep and the like are more like scootterates if i'm not mistaken..they are a notch smaller than regular scooters and is primarily aimed for the younger, college crowd

Nevertheless these come with the "tuff-up" tyre technology that delays a tyre from deflating completely when puncture occurs.

Update : Just checked..none of the newer scootterates come with the stepny...kya bakwas..they trust tuff up to a good enuff replacement for the stepny.. :no:

Yes....Dio looks good, but the console is all Analog, I mean com'on Honda....The scooter looks so different from the rest of the batch/ CBR looks like Head light console but the instrument panel is so old....huh ?

Any way , Vespa also launched, anyone can confirm that Vespa got under seat storage ?

Can't edit my previous post..........

Even Hero Maestro got a digital console....but Dio can't accommodate one ?
<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back