Do you use Ad-block (uBlock,Abp, etc) software?

Do you use ad-Block software?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

swatkats

Skilled
Kindly take the poll.
I believe this started since 2010 and we have been used to Blocking ads (Which are mostly annoying).

With growing pay walls on websites, 60% of the websites I used to browse are now paid. :mad:

Top news on websites are now under paywall.

Even Ads on TE are now too big and intrusive.:(

Capture.JPG

I don't care about big ads as long as they're not intrusive, but video ads that starts playing automatically gets on my nerves.

I rarely click on ads through because I don't shop through ads. Referal links are better.

I use adblock plus on Samsung internet browser (mobile) and enable all options . No ads or annoying popups . Using for many years . Pc I use opera with its native adblock options all enabled . Works like a charm .

Question is - If all of them use Ad-blocks how would websites survive without ad revenue?
What we get now is Paid content.

One bigger shocker for me was Medianama going private and some websites pushing as many Ads as possible.

Question is - If all of them use Ad-blocks how would websites survive without ad revenue?
Websites don't need to worry (as of now) because most revenue come from mobile users.
For example, in India, mobile users are 400% more than desktop users.

On mobile, users generally use Chrome, which has no built-in ad-blocker. So, the mobile mass market is still not accustomed to using ad-blockers on mobile, compared to desktop users.

What we get now is Paid content.
There is a reason most of these sites have pushed for dedicated apps on smartphone. On android almost all apps have ads.
If you try to browse reddit on mobile browser it will continuously push you for installing app.
Same goes for news outlets

I dont have issues with Ads unless they eat up a large part of screen real estate.

What I utterly hate are those annoying video advertisements and the damn pop-ups - actually I think the pop-ads are no longer relevant.

Youtube ads were annoying me much but ever since I installed the Adblock extension on opera browser, I don't see any ads pop up anymore.

Using Pi-hole on my home router. I could manage the adblock on my phone, but doing so for the rest of the family was a headache. So I got a RPi Zero and installed Pi-hole. Except Youtube ads, it blocks most ads on every phone connected to the home network.

I find adguard (paid) works best for me. Stops everything,including YT ads. On mobiles and tablets, I alternate between Adguard and Blokada.

I use adblock plus on Samsung internet browser (mobile) and enable all options . No ads or annoying popups . Using for many years . Pc I use opera with its native adblock options all enabled . Works like a charm .
Have you tried Adguard?
Wanted to know which addon is better for blocking popups for Samsung Internet Browser?

Noscript
Ublock origin
Ghostry
Adblock plus

I use all these For my desktop Firefox browser along with strict privacy settings and on top network wide pihole.

Last edited:
Back