Does any one know what happened to Erodov ?

I see Erodov, my mind tells me to check old emails. And now I cry, like really.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-184800_Gmail.png
    Screenshot_20220316-184800_Gmail.png
    305.5 KB · Views: 163
Just won old school trophy after I logged in after 10 years. I am so old.
Landed here as i searched erodov in google. How many of you guys still know me.
Literally same here lol
Found this thread through google, reset my password and got that 10 years trophy
Looks like I have some catching up to do on what happened to erodov
Gosh I feel old

Yes, I agree with that point....

If I have to reveal, I did work for a company which had contracts with Amazon & Flipkart, and even Walmart+eBay In many continents...

They post fake accounts & comments for many products...
Even highend branded products like iShit devices.

So, everything u see, isn't the truth.
This was also stumbled upon by my wife one day...

U can simply check a review, goto the buyers profile & see..

Unrelated items purchased on a single day, with as many as 7~15 reviews...

U can judge for ur self! [emoji1756] [emoji1303]
You are saying about some discovery by your wife but my experience in a deal done in erodov went bad because of a MOD even though my wife also tried to reason with him and he lied to the super MOD and his community where I had to plead with the Super MOD just to let me participate in erodov but not do a purchase or sell in that forum upon which I always ask for feedback when I ever sell or purchase here in this forum. Transparency is what is needed which will be good for both parties.

Even in ebay I used to buy but there is a good system where upon the buyer gives good feedback then only the funds are released to the seller otherwise full refund right and even this can be misutilised but to a greater extent it was good until Flipkart bought it out.

In the same way either in Amazon or Flipkart one should see the reviews based upon the content and clarity in the reviews like if it's supported by photos & videos then it must be good right.

Not merely posting for the sake of garnering good reviews will always be short and number of such content reviews will need to be taken into consideration.

So many factors should be looked upon because in the end its our money right and we as end users always wanted better or best products right.

Why waste time on something which is dead for good.. unless someone wants to research and make a z-grade pre-flopped movie with ram gopal verma with titles like "Erodov-ek anhonee" or "Erodov- the sudden fall'
Something made the govt or court to shutdown erodov I think.
But don't know what it is actually what's caused its shutdown just speculating that's all.
Me too a refugee of erodov and tech enclave & Digit took me in. Thanks for that.

Somebody purchased the domain (mostly through auctions) and it's now what we call an 'affiliate website'. That's the correct term.

It'll post reviews and roundups with links going to e-commerce websites. You don't need products in your possession to review. It's going to make serious money through commission. Easily more than what it made as a forum.

It's also keeping some old pages. It's a trick often used to resurrect expired domains. It'll trick Google into thinking there's some continuation of content and soon Google will give Erodov its authoritative state like before.

The pages which look like forums are actually static pages. These are most likely resurrected from the web archive.

DO NOT ENTER YOUR ERODOV USERNAME AND PASSWORD THINKING IT'S A FORUM. THERE'S NO FORUM. THOSE ARE ALL STATIC PAGES THAT LOOK LIKE FORUMS. THERE COULD BE SOME SCRIPT ON THE OTHER SIDE, THAT MAY CAPTURE AND MISUSE YOUR ERODOV CREDENTIALS.

Last edited:
It stems more from young people not showing interest in such things now since they are more bothered with mobile apps, games and social media sites like Reddit, FB, Insta, TikTok, YouTube, Discord etc.
As someone who is born in this 21st century, I think I am qualified to comment on the behaviour patterns of who you'd label as 'youngsters'. I never used TikTok as it always felt useless.

I was hooked on to FB, Insta, Reddit, Discord, YT for a good 8-9 years until I developed more insight on life and began valuing my time more. All those aforementioned platforms are mostly waste of time with the algorithm pushing endless stream of useless but seemingly important content. Our brain (Or at least mine) confuses exposure to random unknown content as something fancy, meaningful and extraordinary. That's the psychological loophole these platforms 'milk' to keep us hooked on to these and push Ads for revenue.

Take the YT Shorts for example. I have wasted 1000s of hours in it. I watched some 25,000 videos until one day I decided to just never use the app again. And what I was watching? The intellectuals that are 'Carry Minati' and 'Bhuvan Bam'. One made name from hurling abominable abuses left and right under the pretext of 'roasting' whereas the other could never leave his cringe 'NSFW' sarcasm. Turns out that there is great demand for such cheap 3rd class content since most people never explore the depths of critical thinking. I used to enjoy all that until it hit me what kind of crap I was consuming. It used to be all compulsiveness and zero thoughtfulness. The YT comment section should legitimately be considered a landmine for what it's worth.

Same with Reddit bombarding my feed with stuff that are not at all relevant to improving the quality of my life in any way or manner. And let's not even debate on how huge a toxic echo chamber the actual participants create on all these paltfroms. Honourable mention to r/India and all the woke-wannabe Indians over there. And the ever ubiquitous cringe starting with 'AITA for doing xyz', 'TIFU by cheating', 'I slept with this stranger/friend/hooked up with roommates'. Won't bother mentioning other subs. To me, having a Reddit account is only legitimately useful for the general queries I might have. For everything else, one can Google "The best free SSL provider (Insert other query here) Reddit" to get to the answer and then close the tab.

I have finally settled here on TE and I will remain here as long as the platform remains operational. My time is not wasted here at all. When I marry and have kids, I'll try to make them use TE and warn them about the pitfalls of the aforementioned platforms. As for YouTube, I visit the site on my web browser to watch exactly what I want and quit the tab immidiately afterwards. I have managed to study significantly more ever since I made this change.

I'd conclude that age really doesn't matter in these. The maturity level of humans decides how they use the internet and everything else in their lives. I won't be shocked to find some uncle aged over 45-50-60 laughing off this insightful text of mine as some gibberish.

Last edited:
As someone who is born in this 21st century, I think I am qualified to comment on the behaviour patterns of who you'd label as 'youngsters'. I never used TikTok as it always felt useless.

I was hooked on to FB, Insta, Reddit, Discord, YT for a good 8-9 years until I developed more insight on life and began valuing my time more. All those aforementioned platforms are mostly waste of time with the algorithm pushing endless stream of useless but seemingly important content. Our brain (Or at least mine) confuses exposure to random unknown content as something fancy, meaningful and extraordinary. That's the psychological loophole these platforms 'milk' to keep us hooked on to these and push Ads for revenue.

Take the YT Shorts for example. I have wasted 1000s of hours in it. I watched some 25,000 videos until one day I decided to just never use the app again. And what I was watching? The intellectuals that are 'Carry Minati' and 'Bhuvan Bam'. One made name from hurling abominable abuses left and right under the pretext of 'roasting' whereas the other could never leave his cringe 'NSFW' sarcasm. Turns out that there is great demand for such cheap 3rd class content since most people never explore the depths of critical thinking. I used to enjoy all that until it hit me what kind of crap I was consuming. It used to be all compulsiveness and zero thoughtfulness. The YT comment section should legitimately be considered a landmine for what it's worth.

Same with Reddit bombarding my feed with stuff that are not at all relevant to improving the quality of my life in any way or manner. And let's not even debate on how huge a toxic echo chamber the actual participants create on all these paltfroms. Honourable mention to r/India and all the woke-wannabe Indians over there. And the ever ubiquitous cringe starting with 'AITA for doing xyz', 'TIFU by cheating'. Won't bother mentioning other subs. To me, having a Reddit account is only legitimately useful for the general queries I might have. For everything else, one can "The best free SSL provider (Insert other query here) Reddit" to get to the answer and then close the tab.

I have finally settled here on TE and I will remain here as long as the platform remains operational. My time is not wasted here at all. When I marry and have kids, I'll try to make them use TE and warn them about the pitfalls aforementioned platforms. As for YouTube, I visit the site on my web browser to watch exactly what I want and quit the tab immidiately afterwards. I have managed to study significantly more ever since I made this change.

I'd conclude that age really doesn't matter in these. The maturity level of humans decide how they use the internet and everything else in their lives. I won't be shocked to find some uncle aged over 45-50-60 laughing off this insightful text of mine as some gibberish.
Well written, reminds of these lines read somewhere.

"When Everything is for Free, You are the Product"

Back