Does anyone ever made good deal in TE Market ??

Recently i had listed a smartphone in TE Trade market, hoping for a whopping response from buyers.

But i am really disappointed at the way, how buyers buyers did approached me, this made me feel whether anyone had ever made a good deal in TE Trade forum ?

I had listed the phone (Brand new sealed) which is quite high on demand all over India, and at the lowest price available all over India.

In return what i get ?
1) Hey dude can u make 40k, i can't offer anymore
2) Hey can you exchange it for S3
3) Hey i take both, make 78k for both phone
4) some even talked with me for 3-4 days for 1-2 hour, taking every minute details, and at last said will give it a pass
5) A guy even went to the extent of asking 2 iphone 5s for 44k , and keep sending pm to me about it

and the best case is
6) A guy agreed to make payment, added me as beneficiary, then said how i can beleive that there is a phone inside sealed box, i said you make pay i will open the box and show you, then he said, when i will open the box, why he should pay for sealed piece, at the same time i blocked him :p

So i was thinking what might be the problem with my listing ?
1) Is the price being offered by me is too high ?
2) There is slowdown in mobile phone market
3) There are not many genuine buyers in TE

I think the Color which you are trying to sell is very much non appealing and that is why there are no buyers.
and Pricing point of view.. I can get a new iPhone with Indian warranty for 6k more than you intend to sell.

I was considering buying this however but color is seriously irritating. Good Luck with the sale on this forum or try other competing forums.

Don't get offended because people are trying to bargain in different ways.. This is most common practice.

Again, I know people will say "Don't feed the trolls" and we have a master troll here, but here goes nothing -

Selling is the same all over the world be it online or in a B&M store. Think about how you have wanted an item, say a new mobile, and how many times do you go into a B&M store to try it and play with it, and maybe pass on it just because you think you will get a better deal online or in another store. Same principle applies to selling on forums. People are always, ALWAYS, window shopping trying to get the best bang for their buck. You will get at the most 1 serious buyer out 10 inquiries. Unless of course your item is a trending purchase the world over.

Had you been selling this piece for 40k, you would have sold it by now. Had you been offering an Indian Warranty piece at this price, you would have sold it by now. I am myself looking for a brand new iPhone 5S Gold 16GB and believe me I have gone through your thread every time I have logged onto the boards. BUT I will not buy it, because there is always a better deal out there. Don't get me wrong, your prices are very competitive but, like @swatkats said, for 6k more we can get full warranty cover on an already exorbitant purchase.

So i was thinking what might be the problem with my listing ?
1) Is the price being offered by me is too high ?
2) There is slowdown in mobile phone market
3) There are not many genuine buyers in TE

1) Nope. Just right.
2) Maybe. But not really.
3) Depends on how you look at it. Too may window shoppers sitting in anonymous security behind a screen, sure. Not genuine buyers, I disagree. I have personally interacted with some of the best people on these boards, trading/buying/selling included.

IMO, put up a listing on ebay and you'll sell out within days.

I think the Color which you are trying to sell is very much non appealing and that is why there are no buyers.
and Pricing point of view.. I can get a new iPhone with Indian warranty for 6k more than you intend to sell.

I was considering buying this however but color is seriously irritating. Good Luck with the sale on this forum or try other competing forums.

Don't get offended because people are trying to bargain in different ways.. This is most common practice.

which color you need, i have all color in stock :)

Again, I know people will say "Don't feed the trolls" and we have a master troll here, but here goes nothing -

Selling is the same all over the world be it online or in a B&M store. Think about how you have wanted an item, say a new mobile, and how many times do you go into a B&M store to try it and play with it, and maybe pass on it just because you think you will get a better deal online or in another store. Same principle applies to selling on forums. People are always, ALWAYS, window shopping trying to get the best bang for their buck. You will get at the most 1 serious buyer out 10 inquiries. Unless of course your item is a trending purchase the world over.

Had you been selling this piece for 40k, you would have sold it by now. Had you been offering an Indian Warranty piece at this price, you would have sold it by now. I am myself looking for a brand new iPhone 5S Gold 16GB and believe me I have gone through your thread every time I have logged onto the boards. BUT I will not buy it, because there is always a better deal out there. Don't get me wrong, your prices are very competitive but, like @swatkats said, for 6k more we can get full warranty cover on an already exorbitant purchase.

1) Nope. Just right.
2) Maybe. But not really.
3) Depends on how you look at it. Too may window shoppers sitting in anonymous security behind a screen, sure. Not genuine buyers, I disagree. I have personally interacted with some of the best people on these boards, trading/buying/selling included.

IMO, put up a listing on ebay and you'll sell out within days.

will reduce price to 43k tomorrow :), hope it starts driving sales

Seriously are you here to sell phones in any colour? If you sell mobiles.. Ebay is the best place to sell those 2 phones too.

PS: I realized that trolling is your Regular business. Why not join your types of people at broadbandforum.in ? Admin of that forum will also help you troll.

Seriously are you here to sell phones in any colour? If you sell mobiles.. Ebay is the best place to sell those 2 phones also.

Ebay is headache, you have to provide 6 month warranty, and stupid buyers raise case after 3-4 month saying phone is slow, not able to send bluetooth files, and open case, ebay restrict account, and case gets closed in their favour. Its much better to deal with techie persons, rather than a dumb guy who don't know anything about ios.

Already got my two ebay closed with 60 feeds and 35 feeds, and all those feeds are only buyers feed (feeds for items which i sold).

IMO,
  • Market is anyway relatively small for a 40K+ phone. And you chose a very small market among that. Most of the high(est) end Androids are available below that.
  • as mentioned above, warranty is a big factor for such a high value items.
  • And "I don't trust you". No offense to you, but trust is a huge factor in TE deals and people (well, I do) hesitate to proceed with this kinda deals with big sums.
  • Do you accept credit card? EMI? cash back? lol....yeah. That's another minus for you. :p

Online deals always come down to price and seller reputation. Guess what the problem here is. (hint: It's both).

Are you selling a couple of pieces you had bought for yourself and changed your mind about or are you a registered dealer on TE?

Now today 5s Indian Gold 16gb is for 48999 sold by WSRetail on Flipkart...Imagine stock of 5S Gold they have by their price :p or its competition :D
I know a person from WS-retail managment, they are bilaspur only..and i know how and from where they are grabbing stock for cheap price :p. seems like to time go for bulk sale once again :p
does joining TE make one Tech-Enabled? LOL
i mean most of the people here generally have good knowledge about phones, and selling phones to them is easy since they know, how to use and maintain it

I think thats the issue.
People spending that kind of money want warranty. And the colour gold is a very feminine one, and the fact is that well, lets face it, you have 0 feedback.

I think i have 3 feed, already sold couple of Nexus and One X in the past, still if you have 10+feed i can give you phone away before making the payment B-)

LOL, visit that forum and you see only the admin posting everytime and may be 1-2 other members. :p
I know i have been a member and admin is such an idiot, he promoted hayai for almost 3 years to get make his forum popular knowing something is not right with this Startup.
His attitude is like " You post only in the way i like" and many tech-savy people abandoned that forum which resulted in single jobless guy posting about 17% of the total posts till now and 2-3 members being regular.
Now its literally a Online deals forum where he is looking to earn via affiliate links.

Last edited:
I have had good deals here. Sold my iphone 3gs for 25k i guess. Then purchased games from Gannu and computer stuff from Fah33m. So,my experience has been good

Back