Does anyone have a list of nice quiet places to sit and work/research in Delhi?

Santa Maria!

Disciple
Sitting at CCD and similar cafes works, but there are sometimes random bursts of distractions.

The only place I can think of are the various branches of the Delhi Public Library. I've never been to one of those, so I don't know if they allow you to sit there for 5-6 hours with your laptop. I might check one of the branches out later - it's not close to my place.

Anyone here have any special places where they go to be in the zone? I'd like to know about places in South Delhi, but you can suggest any place for the benefit of others, maybe.

Worth a look .. http://littleblackbookdelhi.com/20922/work-recreation-lbbds-favourite-cafes-with-wifi/

I personally prefer Latitude and Amici out of the list. Been to Latitude numerous times to work alone as well as with work buddies to catch up on some work before heading out to a post-lunch meeting. Even my neighborhood Costa Coffee is pretty quiet, mostly because its inside a residential area, although it doesn't have WiFi. My sister, who's with a PR firm, used to work out of the Amici in Defence Colony at times, whenever she had a meeting with a client there and didn't want to drive back to her workplace after the meeting. Ofcourse, all these places are best when visited in the mornings or just after lunch around 3-4 o clock and tend to be noisy and filled at other times.

Don't know about the Delhi Public Library, but have had the chance to sit at the New York Public Library for hours and that was something!

No, I live in a cardboard box outside the railway station ~_~
My home is not a quiet place, alas. Besides, it's nice to work away from home/office once in a while.

Worth a look .. http://littleblackbookdelhi.com/20922/work-recreation-lbbds-favourite-cafes-with-wifi/

I personally prefer Latitude and Amici out of the list. Been to Latitude numerous times to work alone as well as with work buddies to catch up on some work before heading out to a post-lunch meeting. Even my neighborhood Costa Coffee is pretty quiet, mostly because its inside a residential area, although it doesn't have WiFi. My sister, who's with a PR firm, used to work out of the Amici in Defence Colony at times, whenever she had a meeting with a client there and didn't want to drive back to her workplace after the meeting. Ofcourse, all these places are best when visited in the mornings or just after lunch around 3-4 o clock and tend to be noisy and filled at other times.

Don't know about the Delhi Public Library, but have had the chance to sit at the New York Public Library for hours and that was something!
Thanks for sharing that list. I might try a couple of those places.

JNU campus
Any area there in particular?

My room is pretty quiet.
I'll come over tomorrow.

there are plenty of places to sit around in the campus. you don't have to go inside any building. take a walk inside the campus and sit wherever you feel nice. i hope you've been to the campus before... it's huge!
I haven't explored the area as much as one should. I'll add it to my list of places to check out.

Try the british council library or even the american embassy library .

If you want to visit like more than 4-5 times in a fortnight you can consider a yearly membership of the american embassy library (400 RS )

Ps - internet access is only for members

Try the british council library or even the american embassy library .

If you want to visit like more than 4-5 times in a fortnight you can consider a yearly membership of the american embassy library (400 RS )

Ps - internet access is only for members
Yes! These are the kind of suggestions I was looking for. And I don't mind paying a membership fee. These two will be added to my list. If only they were closer to Nehru Place/Kalkaji... they're both in CP.

I agree with OP here. Sometimes it is better to work outside home or some place different than office. In my case, my productivity increased and I enjoyed it.

1. Indian Habitat Center is serene and quite.
2. Deer Park opposite Hauz Khas village. Not the actual village shopping units and bourgeois restaurants, but the park adjoining. Has a nice lake too.

OP - are you a member of some sort of club in your residential area ?
A library there would be quite and nearest to your place .

I would still suggest British council / american embassy or even Indian habitat center. IIRC Habitat center's library is only for its members , i am not a member there and a friend had to show his card for my entry . Deer park is not quite most times of the day and you don't have any port for charging or internet .

Back