PC Peripherals Does anyone have heating issue in APC BX1100 UPS ?

iamvish

Recruit
I recently got an APC ups BX1100 model. Its top portion and rear side always remains hot even when the UPS power button and charging led is off.

It is mentioned in the ups that it should always be plugged to main power supply but it's slowly heating up at the top even in no load/ups off condition when connected to mains.

Can anyone with the same ups model can confirm if it is the same for yours also ?

Please reply

Last edited:
Didnt get you. You mean even if its not i used its heating?
May be batteries charging but this shouldn't be the concern. I lat owned APC years ago and it used to be very slightly warm but unsure if it was during its usage or when ideal. But I never used to keep it 24x7 connected to a power outlet but only when pc usage.

Didnt get you. You mean even if its not i used its heating?
May be batteries charging but this shouldn't be the concern. I lat owned APC years ago and it used to be very slightly warm but unsure if it was during its usage or when ideal. But I never used to keep it 24x7 connected to a power outlet but only when pc usage.
It's top remains hot even after battery charging is complete. This happens only when ups is on main power supply. In backup mode it's temprature is normal.
I have the same model. It heats up a lot. Even while the system is off. Been using it from last 6 months, no problems yet.
Thanks for your reply. So I don't need to worry regarding this right ? Are you plugging the UPS to main power supply 24x7 ? Or switching off when your system is not in use ?

Last edited:
I've it connected to my main TV system. It runs 24X7 in a closed shelf! No issues yet...
Oh I was worried whether mine is defective or normal. I got this as a replacement unit from APC as my previous unit malfunctioned. Seems transformers used in APC UPS are not efficient. Continuous heating might shorten the product life.

Back