Does moving to Australia make sense on PR Visa?

If given option to work outside India, which is best country

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello all,

Like everyone, I also got excited by the dream of working and living in Australia.

Being denied visa multiple times, even working for 5+ years in IT firms, I decided to self-sponsor my Type 190 Australian PR Visa after doing some R&D.

Not thinking USA(Trump), not Canada(too many Indians/Cold weather).....so Australia looks promising.

Got a consultant who is helping(ofcourse I am paying him for this) and process has been kicked off, it will take around 5-6 months to get the visa.

BTW I am open to work even in non-IT fields.

Here I want to know about your or friends experience who are living / working there.

Especially Job opportunities in IT field and if didn't work out then what about other fields.

Also advantages or disadvantages working on foreign soil.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I have a few questions of my own:

Especially Job opportunities in IT field and if didn't work out then what about other fields.

Does this mean you're heading down to Australia without a specific job offer? So do you intend to start applying for jobs once you get there? If so what do you plan to do during this "job hunt" period?

Can you give me some information or point me to links you may have used to research for applying for this PR? I might be interested in understanding more about this ..

1. For Australian visa, dont pay to any consultant. You can do it yourself easily. All the information are available online from Australian immigration site. You have to take care of getting good IELTS score in each topic (aim for 8)
2. If you are ready to do any work, any country will be great. I never seen a hardworking person not successful in life.
3. From your experience, they will cut 2 years (considered its for getting trained in the respective field). And they have a proper straightline point system which you can check prior to application.
4. In my honest opinion, any less populated country is better than getting squeezed in this extremely over populated nation.

Hello all,

Like everyone, I also got excited by the dream of working and living in Australia.

Being denied visa multiple times, even working for 5+ years in IT firms, I decided to self-sponsor my Type 190 Australian PR Visa after doing some R&D.

Not thinking USA(Trump), not Canada(too many Indians/Cold weather).....so Australia looks promising.

Got a consultant who is helping(ofcourse I am paying him for this) and process has been kicked off, it will take around 5-6 months to get the visa.

BTW I am open to work even in non-IT fields.

Here I want to know about your or friends experience who are living / working there.

Also advantages or disadvantages working on foreign soil.

Thanks in advance.

I had moved to Australia on a PR189 and have been able to establish myself here (Brisbane) over the last one year.

I am an IT guy, but like you I was pretty much open to work in any field. But, the first job I Ianded was in IT. This was within 2 months of landing in Australia.
I had a healthy bank balance in India and had contingency plans for up to a year in-case I didn't land a job soon.

It is not so easy to feel motivated to apply for jobs everyday, but you really have to focus and keep on it.
By the time I landed a job, I had done around 70 personalized applications. I received 4 calls (2 of them while I was in India). Luckily I could crack my first interview.

TBH before setting foot here, I was a little apprehensive about the people. But my apprehensions were unfounded.
In fact, it has been vice versa. So far, I have had only pleasant experiences.
I am sure there are bad eggs here too, but that is the case anywhere you go.

Advantages ? Other than the obvious advantages of living in a developed country, I observed that with proper money management, you can save quite well here. Good parity of income across all professions.
Dignity of labour.

Disadvantages ?
If you are the high flier type, you may not be able to grow your income as quickly as you can in the US.
Cheers and all the best!

Last edited:
I really envy your courage. Btw I never dreamt of going to Australia where Indians get spitted on their face.
Your concept of Australia as vengeful spitters is wrong buddy.

There was a time in Australia when rains were few and far between which resulted in famine and drought. The big farmers who used to have huge livestock and vast acres of land got their livelihood cut of to mere samples of land and entire livestock either died or sold of. Those big farmers ended up in big or small cities deserting their remote homesteads by either selling them entirely or leasing them to small farmers.

This increased unemployment in small or bigger cities where Asians mostly Indians were doing day or night time jobs. This infused hatred towards the foreigners there.

But everything changed after the world's largest De-Salination plant got built which brought in clean water to major portions of deserted or drought ridden lands in southern Australia. Even they implemented measures that stressed the need for long term preservation of ecology and ground water resources & Water sources management.

Now everything has become Normal and this is the cause for the "Climate Summit" and uproar it is causing for the member nations to duly sign and agree to the terms laid in the climate summit and follow or implement them in their respective nations.

who ever told you that is full of $hit.
It was in times of india. This article appeared when they were kicking Indians out of the country. They interviewed many people there & one of them said this. which was the worst experience amongst others.

It was in times of india. This article appeared when they were kicking Indians out of the country. They interviewed many people there & one of them said this. which was the worst experience amongst others.
Well, I lived there and it is not true.

Sorry, this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I have a few questions of my own:

Does this mean you're heading down to Australia without a specific job offer? So do you intend to start applying for jobs once you get there? If so what do you plan to do during this "job hunt" period?

Can you give me some information or point me to links you may have used to research for applying for this PR? I might be interested in understanding more about this ..
Yes I am heading to Australia without any job offer in hand but I am sure I can work in any department irrelevant of my previous technical experience.

Minimum wage rate is higher approx 17 AUD per hour so you can get your sponsored visa fees & consultant fees covered in 2 months even by working in McD/Departmental store(worst case).
Melbourne /Sydney is very expensive so better to swallow your pride & get ready to work in any field.

Also get married first at least on papers, so that your spouse will get same visa and same working rights @1800 AUD more.

I had moved to Australia on a PR189 and have been able to establish myself here (Brisbane) over the last one year.

I am an IT guy, but like you I was pretty much open to work in any field. But, the first job I Ianded was in IT. This was within 2 months of landing in Australia.
I had a healthy bank balance in India and had contingency plans for up to a year in-case I didn't land a job soon.

It is not so easy to feel motivated to apply for jobs everyday, but you really have to focus and keep on it.
By the time I landed a job, I had done around 70 personalized applications. I received 4 calls (2 of them while I was in India). Luckily I could crack my first interview.

TBH before setting foot here, I was a little apprehensive about the people. But my apprehensions were unfounded.
In fact, it has been vice versa. So far, I have had only pleasant experiences.
I am sure there are bad eggs here too, but that is the case anywhere you go.

Advantages ? Other than the obvious advantages of living in a developed country, I observed that with proper money management, you can save quite well here. Good parity of income across all professions.
Dignity of labour.

Disadvantages ?
If you are the high flier type, you may not be able to grow your income as quickly as you can in the US.
Cheers and all the best!
Oh that's great.
Thanks for the brief info.
I would love to follow your footsteps.
Can you mention job websites Australia & how to make personalized applications?
I will PM you regarding this.

Oh that's great.
Thanks for the brief info.
I would love to follow your footsteps.
Can you mention job websites Australia & how to make personalized applications?
I will PM you regarding this.

seek.com.au is what landed me an interview. But, I do remember searching for for jobs in other websites. Google is your friend.
Personalized application is nothing but tailoring your cover-letter/resume (no lies here) for the profile you are interested in.
My resume is all of two pages, even with 10 years of experience.
I also usually send a cover letter as to why I am interested in the job and how I am a good fit.
In short, sell yourself well. This may be just me, but I stick to the truth.

Once you land yourself an interview, dress really well ( I went the whole hog and did full formal suit - and it was well appreciated :) )
Your references from your previous work-place need to be solid.
The verification company and my prospective employers called/mailed my ex-managers in India!

Let me know if you need other info.
Cheers!

I moved to Canada a few months ago and I have to agree with the posters who talked about not bothering with an agent. That is true for Canada too. I am having more trouble finding work in my field here but the PR process was simple enough and all the info you need is available online.

At 412 you have a good chance for PNP and the CRS has finally started dropping with the last few draws so there is definitely a chance for you to get it. Did you max out your IELTS scores coz that gives a huge bump on the score.

I moved to Canada a few months ago and I have to agree with the posters who talked about not bothering with an agent. That is true for Canada too. I am having more trouble finding work in my field here but the PR process was simple enough and all the info you need is available online.
Can you guide me through Australian process or relevant website.
I will ditch consultant in mid-way, since he is taking payment in batches.

At 412 you have a good chance for PNP and the CRS has finally started dropping with the last few draws so there is definitely a chance for you to get it. Did you max out your IELTS scores coz that gives a huge bump on the score.
Yeah Ontario probably might work out for me. I got 8.5 7.5 7 7 (L R S W). Don't think it'll improve too much beyond that.

Back