Budget 0-20k Does my old gaming laptop can handle 144hz monitors

cri_sss

Disciple
Hi,

I'm looking for a monitor which i posted earlier. During my research i decided to go for 1080p 144 hz gaming monitor and below are the list i narrowed down. Budget max 15k.

I'm going to connect to my gaming laptop (MSI GE 620 DX).
Its a 2nd gen i7 (2630 QM) processor, Nvidia GT555M (2 GB) and 8 GB RAM.

I upgraded to SSD drives if it helpful.

Will lappy can handle 24 inch 144 hz monitor or will it revert to 60 hz max. It had HDMI port but no DP port. Purpose is mostly text, watching movies but causal cs go games ( 1 hour max).

Hi,

I'm looking for a monitor which i posted earlier. During my research i decided to go for 1080p 144 hz gaming monitor and below are the list i narrowed down. Budget max 15k.

I'm going to connect to my gaming laptop (MSI GE 620 DX).
Its a 2nd gen i7 (2630 QM) processor, Nvidia GT555M (2 GB) and 8 GB RAM.

I upgraded to SSD drives if it helpful.

Will lappy can handle 24 inch 144 hz monitor or will it revert to 60 hz max. It had HDMI port but no DP port. Purpose is mostly text, watching movies but causal cs go games ( 1 hour max).
If possible, get this one : BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510 24.5″ 16:9 IPS FHD HDR Display 1ms 144Hz Gaming Monitor

have some great reviews on this one !

Last edited:
To avoid refresh rate issues while gamine you should go with a Freesync monitor. BenQ Zowie XL2411P doesn't have that. Also if you are not a competitive gamer, you would be better off with an IPS or even a VA due to better colors but they might be slightly expensive.

Coming to your laptop, it wouldn't push games to 144 FPS in most scenarios so I wouldn't worry about 144Hz refresh rate unless you are planning to upgrade your laptop in the future. Non gaming wise you should be fine in all scenarios, Freesync or not as it will easily lock to 144Hz in regular use though I don't see the point in buying a 144Hz monitor for regular usage.

@DanteErodov Thanks for the info. I think if i buy 144 fps and can i set to lower refresh rate?

Also how about the quality of the renewed items in Amazon as i saw MSI (Renewed) MSI Optix G241 one. I thought if there is an issue i can return for refund.. Is return process is smooth in amazon india like in abroad?

@DanteErodov Thanks for the info. I think if i buy 144 fps and can i set to lower refresh rate?

Also how about the quality of the renewed items in Amazon as i saw MSI (Renewed) MSI Optix G241 one. I thought if there is an issue i can return for refund.. Is return process is smooth in amazon india like in abroad?
Yes, you can set it to lower resolution if you want to. Again there would be no need to do that, you can just set it at 144Hz& forget it.

In gaming, if it is a Freesync display refresh rate automatically gets adjusted to match output frames.

Regarding renewed items in Amazon, I am not sure about it as I have never purchased any yet. Just know that not every item can be returned. Some items will have replacement only option & some will have return option. So please pay attention before ordering. If the product you are buying has return option, amazon is usually very good in honoring that as per me experience. Also try to buy from a "Prime" seller as they are usually more trustworthy.

Back