Does SBI Platinum International Debit card with Chip works with app store/ Google pay.?

captivating

Disciple
I just want to know there the card mentioned above works with apple appstore / google app store or not.Also does it work with shopping sites like ali express.?

You may have to get it activated for international usage.
You can use it on google play.google play has Indian back end for payment processing.

what about apple store.? i have heard that for payments on international website it acts as credit card and the amount gets deducted via a/c balance

Get a icici bank savings account opened, it comes with a visa card. You need to send an sms / activate from their app a simple option and within 48hrs (much lesser for me) it will be working on all international sites. Minimum bal is 10k, have to open account with 15k. Works flawlessly across paypal etc too. You can call them and their representative will come with a tablet to your home and open the account online itself. Just keep docs ready.

PS- Saying cause I messed around with sbi for a year before i finally did the above. Not worth the hassle. One of the visa cards of SBI has worked for someone on Aliexpress after they changed channel type to International from onlinesbi. Dont know if it works now. Im not able to even put balance in entropay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back