Android Does this mean bloatfree MIUI will be possible ...

PoBoy

Skilled

With MIUI 12.5 update, Xiaomi has also introduced uninstallable system apps. Users will now be able to uninstall pre-installed apps and critics are calling this as one of best software updates from Xiaomi.

I'm not too familiar with Androidese ...

MIUI is possibly the worst UI bloatware wise. The whole UI feels like opening Aliexpress app, cluttered, bright flashes, the lot of it. I guess the news won't be much of a surprise for many owners here as Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot tools are available to debloat your phone without the need for rooting.

Another highlight of MIUI 12.5 is uninstallable system apps. The vast majority of apps in the new system can be uninstalled, while a small number of apps that are engraved in the system core can be hidden.
Guess which ones hoover data and show ads?

I really prefer stock android. I've been making do with my Moto X Style and a Samsung GS3, both of which are standing on one leg each. Hardly any phones with stock android these days. My pri requirement is a good cam, and magnetometer (for G Maps). My usage is very light. I tend to travel a bit and use the phone as a camera most of the time. If nothing shows up, I'm considering POCO X2 with the IMX686, my budget is limited.

So I guess the Chinese will collect data even more covertly via hidden system apps which don't show up in the app list anymore .

Tried official lineage os on my mi5 . Not worth it . When you actually use a modified rom as a daily driver bad camera support , no IR led support , no in built dac support ( on miui the audio is great , on lineage on not so much ) . So mainly no good camera ( Xiaomi did not release proprietary camera blobs ) and no good audio support also problems with GPS made me stick to miui .
This is my experience with mi5 with official lineage os . Your mileage may vary .
Mi5 great phone screwed by Mi for no software and security updates.
Bad battery . Barely 2.5hrs SOT . From day one .
Finally exchanged it on Amazon for m31 on Amazon.

I'm not too familiar with Androidese ...

Hogwash. I just use the debloater and it works much better.

Back