Does this motherboard supports 16 GB ram? How many USB 3 ports?

Futureized

Skilled
Hello,
Does this zebronics motherboard supports 16 Gb ram? And how many USB 3.0 ports does this has?
What are its limitations?

How is this motherboard compared to following gigabyte motherboard :

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220828-193951_Ecosia.jpg
    Screenshot_20220828-193951_Ecosia.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 93
Thanks.
It has 2 memory slots, and specifications say:
2 DDR3 Dual channel RAM slots memory, up to 8GB,
So bit confused, if this shall support 8 gb * 8 gb = 16 GB ram ?

Back Panel has i assume - 2 x USB 3.0 Port
Not sure what is - 1 x USB 3.0 Header

There is another variant of LGA 1155 motherboard - https://zebronics.com/products/zeb-h61-socket-1155 (without usb 3.x)

I am searching for new LGA 1155 socket motherboard with:
HDMI
USB 3.X
ATLEAST 16 gb RAM support

Upto might actually be the maximum amount of Ram that motherboard can support. Many budget boards don't support high capacity ram, so good thing you checked it before purchase.

Email zebronics and find out, that's the best bet.

Zebronics motherboards are not worth. They are of poor quality. Better to create a WTB and buy a used z77 mobo in nice condition. (a good manufacturer like Asus,GB,MSI,asrock). Pair it with a good SMPS.

Zebronics motherboards are not worth. They are of poor quality. Better to create a WTB and buy a used z77 mobo in nice condition.

That was true maybe five or ten years ago, it no longer is. At this point, H61/B75/H81 designs are rock solid even amongst no-name manufacturers that are rebranded as Zebronics and others. These designs have black PCB, black heatsinks, black slots and black connectors. The ones that are colored ones are not stable, those are older revisions.

I've had a Zebronics H61 that was purchased new as a Plex server for two years now, with no downtime and being powered on 24/7. The only thing you're missing out on is continued BIOS support, but then what kind of BIOS updates are we expecting 10 years after launch aside from cpu microcode vulnerability patches that only end up lowering performance? I would easily choose a new Zebronics DDR3 motherboard over a used Gigabyte one today.

Also, I would strongly suggest staying away from any used DDR3 motherboards, they're all either dead or close to dying by this point. I've collected a half a dozen or so used DDR3 motherboards that were in excellent condition at the time of purchase — every single one of them died within the last two years, usually due to failing solder joints.

The only outliers for buying used are the branded SFF machines by Dell, Lenovo and HP — those are built to a much higher standard of reliability than consumer motherboards though they appear to be something forgotten from the late 1990's in appearance. Apart from one motherboard fresh from RMA and one new-old-stock Intel motherboard, all of my four memory slot DDR3 systems that are still operational today are branded ones.

So bit confused, if this shall support 8 gb * 8 gb = 16 GB ram ?

Yes. My Zebronics H61 also lists supports at 8GB max but has no issues with 16GB total memory installed, it's just an outdated spec sheet.

The support is by the chipset and/or CPU since it's H61 it should support 16GB (2x8GB 2R sticks). Not sure if there are any single rank 8GB DDR3 sticks, I'd avoid those and prefer dual rank for better compatibility.

The support is by the chipset and/or CPU since it's H61 it should support 16GB (2x8GB 2R sticks). Not sure if there are any single rank 8GB DDR3 sticks, I'd avoid those and prefer dual rank for better compatibility.
Not sure what you meant technically, I have 2 x 8 GB RAM = 16 gb
That was true maybe five or ten years ago, it no longer is. At this point, H61/B75/H81 designs are rock solid even amongst no-name manufacturers that are rebranded as Zebronics and others. These designs have black PCB, black heatsinks, black slots and black connectors. The ones that are colored ones are not stable, those are older revisions.

I've had a Zebronics H61 that was purchased new as a Plex server for two years now, with no downtime and being powered on 24/7. The only thing you're missing out on is continued BIOS support, but then what kind of BIOS updates are we expecting 10 years after launch aside from cpu microcode vulnerability patches that only end up lowering performance? I would easily choose a new Zebronics DDR3 motherboard over a used Gigabyte one today.

Also, I would strongly suggest staying away from any used DDR3 motherboards, they're all either dead or close to dying by this point. I've collected a half a dozen or so used DDR3 motherboards that were in excellent condition at the time of purchase — every single one of them died within the last two years, usually due to failing solder joints.

The only outliers for buying used are the branded SFF machines by Dell, Lenovo and HP — those are built to a much higher standard of reliability than consumer motherboards though they appear to be something forgotten from the late 1990's in appearance. Apart from one motherboard fresh from RMA and one new-old-stock Intel motherboard, all of my four memory slot DDR3 systems that are still operational today are branded ones.

Yes. My Zebronics H61 also lists supports at 8GB max but has no issues with 16GB total memory installed, it's just an outdated spec sheet.
Thanks for great explanation, appreciated :)

This is not correct. Zebronics is and always be a pathetic brand. probably one you got is from a small batch of decent ones they have imported. Companies like Asus, GB, MSI etc can have tight control of everything as they have their own production facilities . Yes they too have bad designs and components selection but those things are rectified in the next iteration and one can easily avoid such bad products from well reputed reviews. Companies like zebronics imports mobos from some unknown Chinese manufacturer who have very limited production and testing facilities which lead to sub-standard products.There is no assurance/uniformity on the quality of caps, VRMs used too.

Quality mobos (even some as old as ddr2) dont die that quickly. 10 years back Second gen/Third gen days most people were using very very poor PSUs from zebronics, Mercury etc which was the primary reason for so much dead/partially working mobos. Even Orange/black labeled Corsair VS series were absolutely pathetic. I have intel z68, two GB H61, one Gigabyte Z77 HD4 running at various places for coreldraw designing purposes for past 5 years with 9 to 11 hours a day without any issues. GB Z77 HD4 was bought as used(first user paired it with seasonic 430W PSU).

If mobos from top manufacturers died due to failing soldering then what will happen to zebronics mobos with poor soldering and pathetic quality control is unthinkable.

Tiny VRM and VRM heatsinks on the Mobo inside Dell's 5000 dollar alienware PC with 12900k alone justifies how reliable it will be for long term let alone cheaper SFFs.

Zebronics is and always be a pathetic brand.

Things have changed a lot in recent years. Putting aside of their poor choice of a name for their company, they have been rebranding some interesting hardware and components.

Not many brands start out at top. For example, Asus spent years trying to catch up with Abit or Chaintech. Now it's unlikely Zebronics has higher ambitions in motherboard design but I think it's fair to give any brand a chance to improve upon their image and their products because it means more choice for us as consumers. Case in point (ha), the Zebronics Woodan is a Cooler Master NR200 alternative with more flexibility and better compatibility:

Companies like Asus, GB, MSI etc can have tight control of everything as they have their own production facilities . Yes they too have bad designs and components selection but those things are rectified in the next iteration and one can easily avoid such bad products from well reputed reviews.

There's no doubt that established brands have better boards but a new Zebronics motherboard (or any other lesser known brand) with warranty is a better choice over an aging motherboard from Gigabyte and others.

Companies like zebronics imports mobos from some unknown Chinese manufacturer who have very limited production and testing facilities which lead to sub-standard products.There is no assurance/uniformity on the quality of caps, VRMs used too.

OEM designs based on H61/B75/H81 have been refined and matured over the years to the point today where it's practically impossible to buy a dud. You're not looking at capacitor rating or VRM part numbers when you're buying a 2k motherboard for a 2k processor in 2022. There's no place for elitism in that price range.

Also, there's nothing wrong with an OEM manufacturer in China silkscreening the Zebronics logo on it's own design. ECS motherboards are manufactured with the Acer logo silkscreened in the same way for Acer's business class machines.

Rebranding of an OEM design is not an indicator of poor quality, especially for a DDR3 platform that's had a decade of revisions.

Quality mobos (even some as old as ddr2) dont die that quickly.

Components get old, solder joints develop micro-cracks, circuit boards stop working. It happens with all electronics, not just motherboards.

If mobos from top manufacturers died due to failing soldering then what will happen to zebronics mobos with poor soldering and pathetic quality control is unthinkable.

Manufacturing processes have matured quite a lot in the last few years, a new 'no-name' Zebronics motherboard has better soldering quality today than a ten year old Gigabyte that's slowly succumbing to corrosion and rust. The Aliexpress boom paved the way for this, now everything is manufactured to the same higher standard and it's almost impossible to find 'poor soldering' in anything being produced in China today.

Tiny VRM and VRM heatsinks on the Mobo inside Dell's 5000 dollar alienware PC with 12900k alone justifies how reliable it will be for long term let alone cheaper SFFs.

Dell's Optiplex series is designed and manufactured with longterm reliability in mind, they're sold with multi-year service plans to businesses. Dell earns it's profit from businesses through their service plans, not their hardware. It's in Dell's best interest to minimize failures throughout the length of the servicing contract. Which means their hardware needs to be as robust as economically possible.

This is not correct.

The point I was bringing attention to is that, in my opinion, It's a poor decision to buy a used DDR3 motherboard in without warranty in 2022 when you have better options available.

Back