Graphic Cards Does Zotac India allow RMA on GPU cards that are opened for thermal pad replacement?

Digigear

Disciple
Pretty much what it says on the title.

Need to take my Zotac 3090 for RMA. I had to replace the thermal pads to keep the thermals under check. Improved things so much after adding the pads.

But now I'm mildly worried that they might take issue with the fact that the pads are different. It's easy to see even without disassembly because the Gelid pads I've used are grey in color and it shows through the exhaust in the back.

Don't risk it. Put back the original pads and send for RMA without disclosing anything.
You can bet your ass they will look for any small reason to reject it especially in India.

I hope you kept them safe.
Nope. I threw it away.

Has anyone had any actual experience?

The experience doesn't matter. Unless there is a clear policy from the brand, the employees can do anything. Buy any random thermal pads which look similar to the original and install those.

zotac has BS policies even involving the second hand users get no warranty from them. like they just lowering their value in terms of resell-ability. their 40 series may look cool but I will never buy their cards cuz of such policies

Only Evga used to provide warranty in such case. No other company does so.
EVGA never sold GPUs in India and in US most companies cannot enforce warranty based on sticker, labels etc.
It's not the company which is bad but the person who you get to deal with when RMAing.
Consumer protection laws are next to garbage in India and you can't challenge them in court unless you have free legal counsel.

Nope. I threw it away.
Your only option is to gamble with the RMA or keep it. As others suggested, maybe to increase your chances you can buy same color pads and do a transplant.
Hope you learnt your lesson though.

Had to email my invoice to zotac India technical team to establish the serial number and then show that email at the service center for them to accept it. Finally got it done but it took a long time.
Did they reject the card initially due to different thermal pads?

Had to email my invoice to zotac India technical team to establish the serial number and then show that email at the service center for them to accept it. Finally got it done but it took a long time.
Also, even with the email in hand as proof, didn't the service centre people say that the piece is opened thus not covered?

No, I managed to get same color thermal pads and put it all back in the same way as it was before.
It was in extended warranty? How much time it took for receiving the mail back from zotac? And how much total time it took to get the card back?
I have 2 zotac cards whose fan are now getting finicky and am thinking of getting them rmaed.

It was in extended warranty? How much time it took for receiving the mail back from zotac? And how much total time it took to get the card back?
I have 2 zotac cards whose fan are now getting finicky and am thinking of getting them rmaed.
Zotac technical team responds to emails within minutes sometimes. They're good. The new card took less than a week to be ready for pickup after I submitted the RMA.

Back