Domain hosting comparison

jammy420

Adept
Need to host a website for a clinic. Which would be the better hosting platform? How is Google hosting? What features I should consider as important?

Any inputs regarding this would be greatly appreciated. This is a new topic for me

Need to host a website for a clinic. Which would be the better hosting platform? How is Google hosting? What features I should consider as important?

Any inputs regarding this would be greatly appreciated. This is a new topic for me
I have hosting on both hostsoch.in and bluehost. I found bluehost to be more reliable and fast, but comes at a premium.

I am afraid that there is no shared hosting from google. You can get a domain name from google, but you need to point to one of your shared hosting platform. My understanding that google provides VPS, but it may be expensive.

In a nutshell, if it is regular website without hosted apps, bluehost is my recommendation.

I've used wpengine, elementor cloud, go daddy and azure as WordPress hosts during the course of my work. Wpengine was the best of the lot for me. If it's going to be a WordPress site, there are dedicated WP hosting options

Domain hosting or web hosting or both?

If it's a simple website then build one freely using google sites and purchase a domain with someone like namecheap.com or godaddy and point it to your google sites.

Don't purchase domain or hosting from google, it's not a good place for beginners.

How adept/comfortable are you with technical stuff? If something breaks at the backend, can you repair it on your own? What is your budget for web hosting?
Depending on the answers to the above, you can choose to build a WordPress website or use a website builder such as Wix.
Wix comes with an inbuilt bookings platform as well among other things, depending on the plan you choose.

I've been a Dreamhost user since around 2006 and it's been pretty decent and affordable especially for hosting multiple sites on a negligible budget.

I have hosting on both hostsoch.in and bluehost. I found bluehost to be more reliable and fast, but comes at a premium.

I am afraid that there is no shared hosting from google. You can get a domain name from google, but you need to point to one of your shared hosting platform. My understanding that google provides VPS, but it may be expensive.

In a nutshell, if it is regular website without hosted apps, bluehost is my recommendation.
Would you recommend Bluehost for a WordPress site? I want to build single site wp based

I did it on gandi, I found it to be good. No issues till now ( for almost 1 year ). But I am thinking of trying out porkbun as I have read glowing reviews for it.

Hi Jammy,

Google is great option for cloud, it might be bit expensive since it is cloud service. If you are new in website, you can just start with shared hosting, you can cut down your cost and shared hosting already comes with control panel, so you can manage your domain, email, database, FTP, etc via control panel. When your site grow and you know more about your site, then you can move to cloud hosting. I personally recommend you to take a look at Asphostportal. I'm using these guys for years.

I am using Hostinger. Got a decent deal. Before that it was Hostgator. Again, traffic on any of these sites wasn't much ... The sites hosted are all WP sites

Would not recommend hosting on a VPS, way too much hassle and things you need to manage on your own.

For starters, use shared hosting. Since you have not mentioned any budget or expected traffic numbers, I'm assuming you'd want to start with the cheapest. Check godaddy or bluehost. Their beginner plans are pretty cheap from a business perspective.

Can recommend using Namecheap's services for both domain and hosting. The purchase and setup process is straight forward and they have their own managed Wordpress hosting solution called EasyWP through which you can manage and update your Wordpress installation. The support is swift and most of the issues are resolved over a few chat messages.

If you want something simpler on the technical side and easy to use, GoDaddy offers a great WYSIWYG Website Builder in which you can use pre-built templates and edit/insert elements/text directly.

Back