Dominoes data breach

We can expect that banks have already been breached. It's just that they pay off the crooks to hush it up to avoid customers exodus.

What can possibly be done with that data you think?

If you've ever had a determined stalker, you wouldn't ask that question. This Domino's leak also exposes the details you provide Swiggy & Zomato. Plus you can correlate with the previous data breeches we've had, especially that Mobikwik one that surprisingly ended up on torrents. Data leaks like these encourages vigilante type revenge.

I've already found alternate linked emails of people who owe me money, and I found their alter social media accounts through a basic email/username search. And now, with their location, I know where they moved to when they disappeared before the lockdown last year. So now I have a physical address to pursue legal recourse. And, I found out that a supposed neutral third party who was mediating had received pizza from them during the lockdown, making me question if they were ever neutral to begin with. So now I know one less trustworthy person.

And this is just one example of me looking for a restitution of 40k. What about people involved in high value land grab cases, or some other fraud? There's a lot of damage that can be done with this seemingly 'public' information of yourself. All you have to do is order pizza for someone or have someone order pizza for you and you've become an associate to someone else's mistakes/crimes/shady behavior.

I've been able to get the addresses of over half a dozen people that were dishonest with us in financial matters over the years when previously all we had was a phone number that is now disconnected. Even down to the electrician that disappeared with our water pump who had taken it for repair but then switched off his phone. But the cost of this information is too great. All of my information has been also leaked, and I'm not comfortable with it in the slightest.

If you've ever had a determined stalker, you wouldn't ask that question. This Domino's leak also exposes the details you provide Swiggy & Zomato. Plus you can correlate with the previous data breeches we've had, especially that Mobikwik one that surprisingly ended up on torrents. Data leaks like these encourages vigilante type revenge.

I've already found alternate linked emails of people who owe me money, and I found their alter social media accounts through a basic email/username search. And now, with their location, I know where they moved to when they disappeared before the lockdown last year. So now I have a physical address to pursue legal recourse. And, I found out that a supposed neutral third party who was mediating had received pizza from them during the lockdown, making me question if they were ever neutral to begin with. So now I know one less trustworthy person.

And this is just one example of me looking for a restitution of 40k. What about people involved in high value land grab cases, or some other fraud? There's a lot of damage that can be done with this seemingly 'public' information of yourself. All you have to do is order pizza for someone or have someone order pizza for you and you've become an associate to someone else's mistakes/crimes/shady behavior.

I've been able to get the addresses of over half a dozen people that were dishonest with us in financial matters over the years when previously all we had was a phone number that is now disconnected. Even down to the electrician that disappeared with our water pump who had taken it for repair but then switched off his phone. But the cost of this information is too great. All of my information has been also leaked, and I'm not comfortable with it in the slightest.
Man looks like breach worked in your favor!

Soory to say but isn't that a weird way of doing business ? You give credit to people u don't know without even knowing them ?

If u don't mind me asking what type of business you're in.

I'm a doctor by profession. I had purchased a phone while travelling for a colleague, we were both working in the same hospital abroad. He later disappeared for a few years.

The other stuff was on behalf of my parents, they're elderly and trusting and the younger generation of contractors/workers took advantage of the situation they were entrusted with while I was abroad.

These data breaches have made tracking down people easier, but from a privacy point of view, they never should have happened.

Last edited:
Back