Don Bradman Cricket - Discussion Thread

indy1811

Skilled
HES and Big Ant Studios are working under license with the Bradman Foundation located in Bowral. "It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time." said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES, “Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.”

FB_Bradman_01.jpg

IGN Video Preview:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/03/11/don-bradman-cricket-14-gameplay-commentary

IVG Preview:
http://www.indianvideogamer.com/featured-posts/preview-don-bradman-cricket-14/23504

Don Bradman Cricket 14 includes:
  • Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
  • Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
  • A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game
  • Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
  • A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
  • Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
  • Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
  • Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
  • The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
  • More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
  • An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.

Release Date: 3rd April for the PS3 and Xbox 360. PC Release in May on Steam only.[DOUBLEPOST=1394724675][/DOUBLEPOST]Rumored to be priced around Rs. 4299 :(

Last edited:
About time. MRP expected to be around Rs. 4299, though we might see retailers discount it. I have been following this game since years (it was first revealed in October 2012) and I am happy that it is finally releasing. It's a must buy for all cricket fans.

That Rs. 4299 price is a serious buzz kill. I'm guessing they're targeting hardcore fans and not the casuals. Not many in India would pay that much for a game...

If you want to check how the batting works, you can download the nets from here...

download.cricketacademygame.com

Should allay any fears you may have that the game is like Ashes...

Just hope it doesn't turn out as bad as Ashes Cricket 2013, which is termed as one of the worst modern games of all time.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 is going to be one of the best cricket games of all time. It is absurd to compare it with Ashes Cricket 2013. BigAntStudios has released "Net Practice" beta, Cricket Academy, they have held a public play-session and there are so many videos of the game in action. If you haven't tried Net practice, I would suggest you do that. It's one of the best control schemes ever in a cricket game. That, the Career Mode and unparalleled level of customisation makes it the best cricket game ever. Agreed, we still don't know much about AI, but looking at the attention to detail on the other aspects, I am pretty sure it will be a great game.

Sam (from IVG) had a chance to play the game during an event a couple of weeks back. His preview is available here for anyone interested:
http://www.indianvideogamer.com/featured-posts/preview-don-bradman-cricket-14/23504

Don Bradman Cricket 14 is going to be one of the best cricket games of all time. It is absurd to compare it with Ashes Cricket 2013. BigAntStudios has released "Net Practice" beta, Cricket Academy, they have held a public play-session and there are so many videos of the game in action. If you haven't tried Net practice, I would suggest you do that. It's one of the best control schemes ever in a cricket game. That, the Career Mode and unparalleled level of customisation makes it the best cricket game ever. Agreed, we still don't know much about AI, but looking at the attention to detail on the other aspects, I am pretty sure it will be a great game.

Sam (from IVG) had a chance to play the game during an event a couple of weeks back. His preview is available here for anyone interested:
Agree with you. I'm sure anyone with even a little talent can make a better game than Ashes Cricket 2013. I was just pointing out the way Cricket games are made. Not much thought given to various aspects of the game. This game looks great though. Here is a gameplay commentary by IGN:

The only cricket games i have played is some very old shane warne cricket or something like that and another was Brian Lara cricket. Both also had some key combinations to hit every ball 6 :p

Game has broken the street date in UAE, Singapore and now in Mumbai too. PS3 version is available in Mumbai for anyone interested.

A guy from Dubai, recorded a quick 5 over match.

Very excited for this game.

Back