Audio Don't Buy EPOS / Sennehiser GSP Product Line , GSP 670 - GSP 300 - GS 300H3PRO

imbader

Recruit
Think Twice Before Getting EPOS GSP headsets.

Since their launch day in 2019, I pre-ordered my first GSP 670.

Reason behind choosing Sennheiser and not any other company was simple because it’s a high-end product with high-end customer experience.

I enjoyed the product for about 3 months until the GSP showed it other bad side.

before going to the bad side, I’ll be mentioning first the pros as there aren't much to say.

Pros:

- Good Quality Build (Housing - Design - Comfort).

and that’s it for the pros, now let’s move on.

The First issue I had with the Sennheiser was Mic crackling sound, whenever I have had turned off my mic (by physically twisting the mic) it does the noise and noise could be picked up in discord or other software’s that uses your mic.

- I've done what a normal consumer would do by, reaching to Sennheiser

- their response was pretty much helpful yet expensive. as I they asked me to ship it back to get a replacement (shipping costed me around $100 - Germany)

Now I got the replacement within 5 days which was the EPOS edition by time.

they call it now GSP 670 | EPOS

Build quality the same everything the same go read about EPOS if interested.

but it’s the same product.

- First issue occurred in 2020 where the Microphone won't shut or mute (by physically twisting the arm). No matter what I do it won't mute everyone can hear you and the mic stays on until I mute in the software/ i.e.. discord mute button.

- EPOS was shocked by this issue as it might never happened before, I was okay yeah It could be happening the third time is a charm. EPOS responded with Keep the faulty headset and we will be sending our latest version to you free of charge. GREAT? eh?

In December 2020 right before the pandemic and all the covid shit.

Received the package straight from Germany EPOS HQ - with a case ID number PRINT inside (ob. this product paid off from their finance department and not because I have a warranty).

- The product was amazing and I can say this was the best experience I've had with the GSP 670 ever. Everything was running fine and smoothly all the bugs and issues I've had before are gone. after using it for exactly 4 months since Jan 2021. In May everything collapsed Multiple issues I will be listing them down below.

- Battery Draining So quick (usable for 5-7 hours max)

- GSP 670 is not detected by their (TRASH software)

- used it on cable not wirelessly because the GSA-Dongle stopped working.

In conclusion after 2 years of using a shitty product I can say this is:

- GSP 670 Is a great product but it’s only a prototype.

- GSP 670 is unfinished project with unfinished software that’s why Sennheiser handed it to EPOS

- EPOS staff isn’t trained to handle these kind of equipment

Unfortunately, I managed to contact EPOS about the issues. and their response was hilarious.

This part is really tricky and it concluded it all.

After submitting a normal ticket, the agent knew that I’ve had multiple issues all year long since my email pops on their screen with multiple different case id’s, they straight away flipped the situation as it was my fault. (Customer Support Tune Changed Due I’m asking for my right to fix this issue).

Agent answered my inquiry with unrelated questions (how many devices are connected to headset – have you tried to restart your PC)? And these kind of time-wasting questions.

I did answer them politely and did not try to engage into any bad email experience.

After answering all the questions and adding more info and details which will also help to narrow the situation for them. In return they obviously know that I am experienced customer now and familiar with the tools they use to wipe USB drivers and reloading firmware’s they just sent me the link of a USB tool remover (on a separate email on a different day).

I politely responded as this process are time wasting and both me and agent know aren’t helping as there is a big issue is facing me and not a minor one.

So, I’ve waited for 3-4 days long waiting for their response and then the wait ends by an email really hyped me up and gave me hope that we will be actually going to resolve this issue.

EPOS Support Agent finally decided to conduct a remote session of 1-2 hours with one of EPOS engineers to find a solution and know more about the product faulty and gray areas as I experienced them all. They only wanted my availability and date & time.

I responded with a very positive tune to the email with the time I am available during the week and we agreed the next day 17 DEC 2021, we will be conducting a meeting 12:00 PM GMT -3:00 to 3:00 PM GMT -3:00.

Yet this was their last email and ignored the remote session through Microsoft Teams and Ignored my emails although I was waiting for them to actually resolve this issue and speak for myself as this product still could be saved.

After 4 days I raged out and called out the big guns, and emailed them and called them out as they’ve been actually wasting my time not only my money (GSP 670 at this case).

And I actually spent more than 5 hours digging in DDL. (Software encrypted data and non-encrypted data) to actually find out what’s going on at this point I used my IT experience to the fullest and I found out the solution BY myself. Not with their help not with their multi billion HQ customer service agents.

I’ve found the solution and its on their software but they’re hiding it out for no reason. Once I fixed it, I raged out in another email with finding shocking results inside the software (Gaming Suite EPOS Edition).

Thanks for reading, and this is all the experience I’d like to share to my fellow Gamers as the GSP 670 is a bad choice – and EPOS is a really beginner company.

Software version (Latest at this day) 1.8.0.767 and please read their release notes below:
WHAT's NEW IN VERSION 1.8.0

Relaesed on November 2nd, 2021 (YES, they Missed type “Released” In their release note and “experience”)

New Features

. New update process for devices, resulting in faster and more efficient experiance

Changes and Bug fixes

. Fixed a bug, where users could only open application from system tray

. korean language no longer supported

. General optimization and improvements

Reference List​

• GSP 670 from EPOS | Ultimate audio, ultimate performance, ultimate game (eposaudio.com)
  • EPOS is the new name of Sennheiser gaming audio - and we can expect big things | GamesRadar+
  • Software Release Notes GSP 670 Gaming Headset with low latency connection and Bluetooth® connectivity | GSA 70 2.4 GHz RF USB Dongle (sennheiser.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back