Less than 10K downgrading from iPhone

viplav

Disciple
I want to move away from smartphone, currently using iPhone 4 for 2.5 years now. Its a great phone, but I have realized that I do lot of reading on it, so want to buy a Tab and a budget phone.

1. Budget?
A: 3-4 K
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: NA
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia/Samsung.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: one where I can use T9 again
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: NA
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Symbian
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Edge.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, occasional Whatsapp messeges
10. Any other requirements?
A: Require dual sim
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A:Nokia 206 – It does not have data transfer option thru data cord, and memory card is buried under the hood.
Nokia 301- From what I was able to gather, this one does not support whatsapp, and at 5.5K is not of my liking

I am exactly where you are. and I decided that a cheap, long battery life smartphone would be better suited to my needs. I decided to get a Lumia 520. But ofc it doesnt have dual sim. Doesnt fit the bill but thought I might throw the idea out there for you.

If money is not a problem, can't you just keep the iPhone and buy a cheap tab like Samsung galaxy tab 2 wifi under 10k or so ?
You never know when the smart phone may be of help.

On the other hand, if you sell your iPhone for say 14K or so then yes in that money you can buy a 7" tablet + cheaper smart phone or a feature phone.

Sell off iPhone 4 for around 14K. Add 3.5K. Get Nokia Asha 310 for 5.5K and Nexus 7 16GB for around 12K

Else as rask suggested retain iPhone and get Samsung Tab 2 WiFi only version or used Nexus 7 16GB for 9K around

Back